HIKVision IP Camera IP Change

Neuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all

I hope that everyone is well.

I have been putting off changing a few things with our CCTv system for too long now. I can't remember why, but I only changed one out of four IP camera's passwords when I set them up, so this is number one on my list. I looked at doing this yesterday but discovered that I can't access any of the IP cameras individually, not using the NVR directly or via a we browser. I think it is because I left their IP addresses as they were assigned by the NVR when I set everything up, so something like this...

IP Camera 1 - 192.168.Y.2
IP Camera 2 - 192.168.Y.3
IP Camera 3 - 192.168.Y.4
IP Camera 4 - 192.168.Y.5

My network has a different IP range though, something like this...

Router - 192.168.X.1
NVR - 192.168.X.100

Is it as simple as using SADP to change the IP camera's IP address to be within the same range as my network? If I plug one of the spare PoE ports on my NVR in to my router, I can see the camera's and NVR in SADP but I have not been able to access any of the cameras using their IP address.

Thanks for any assistance.
Nic

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
To access the cameras web GUI directly, use the 'Virtual Host' facility of the NVR.
Enable in the NVR web GUI under Network / Advanced configuration / Other
Use the links at the right in the Camera Configuration page.
If you change the cameras IP addresses you will break the configuration and disconnect the cameras from the NVR.

Neuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Alastair.

I thought that may be the case but couldn't find any explanation for how to access IP cameras directly that are connected to an NVR instead of to a router. I will try the 'Virtual Host' facility on my NVR and go from there.