HIKVision IP Camera No Link

Reaction score
It sounds like the PoE switch might be toast..and I'll bet they have no surge protectors protecting the equipment. In regards to knowing what to do and learning, just work your way through the entire system testing every switch, switch port, and camera until you shake out the whole system to determine what works and what doesn't work. You'll need some known good PoE switches and/or some test equipment, preferably that can measure PoE power at the switch ports. If a camera can't get the PoE power it needs then nothing else will matter because it's not going to work.
Noted, with thanks. Maybe that is the reason why the error shows 'Network Unreachable'.

Reaction score
I'd start with a known good (working) POE switch before I moved on to the cables.
Replacing the POE switch is quick and simple, the cables more time consuming and difficult.
Another question: in replacing the POE switch, do I still need to configure it? Is there still anything I need to do after replacing it? or will it automatically display everything like it used to?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Another question: in replacing the POE switch, do I still need to configure it? Is there still anything I need to do after replacing it? or will it automatically display everything like it used to?
Use an un-managed POE switch of equal of higher provided power budget than the one it is replacing.

IOW, if the old one provided 65 watts total, has 8 ports, is of gigabit speed.....use one with at least those specs.
An un-managed switch or POE switch needs no configuration....just hook it up.
About the only thing to notice is that it may have 1 or 2 "uplink" ports which are not POE, just plain switch port(s).

Last edited:

Starglow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.