Hikvision IP Camera not connecting to Hikvision NVR 7716

Reaction score
I just purchased an authentic Hikvision NVR
1.) Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16 Channel POE NVR with V3.1.3 Firmware, build 08/28/14
2.) Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS 2.8mm IP Camera with V5.2.8
Firmware, build 03/01/15
3.) Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS 4.0mm IP Camera with V5.3.0
Firmware, build 07/01/15

So initially I started out with the NVR and the 2.8mm camera just a month ago and I intended on adding more cameras as I went along.
When I first set up just the one 2.8mm camera everything connected with no Hikcups. The " Plug and Play " interface connected the camera as promised.
Now I attempted to connect the second 4.0mm camera and no dice. The NVR is suppose to assign and IP address to the camera. I attempted to manual method by editing the cameras IP address assigned to that port by inputting the address that is printed on the camera box, no such luck. I've tried rebooting the camera but that only prompted of warning that the restored failed, please try again.
I've rebooted the NVR and to no avail.
Now the 2.8mm camera will not connect either. The reason I purchased the system is for the lack thereof a computer or interweb.

I greatly appreciate any help you may be.

Last edited by a moderator:

DemonicHawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've had similar issues in the past with Plug and Play on my Hikvision before as well where one camera would work, and another wouldn't for no apparent reason. If you want to try and get Plug and Play working, I would suggest factory resetting your NVR and seeing if that helps.

Otherwise (or if that doesn't work), plug your computer into one of the NVR camera ports (or router) and access the camera interface directly and manually set the IP to something under the NVR NIC address (i.e. if your NVR is 192.168.254.1, set the camera to 192.168.254.2, 192.168.254.3, etc..). Subnet should be 255.255.255.0. Gateway can be left blank. Then set up the camera on the NVR in "manual" with the same settings.

In my experience, using manual will always work if configured properly so try giving that a go.

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the input. One of the things I did was the factory reset as you suggested. On this unit its labeled Factory Default, under System Maintenance. It says, system will reboot after restoring the default settings. I verified the NVR NIC address is as you suggested, and the cameras ports are 192.168.254.2 and so on. Subnet is the same, as you listed. And I don't have a functional computer at the moment. It's hard for me to believe that a company such as Hikvision doesn't have more support than they do, and or now a days trouble shooting videos.

DemonicHawk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hmm.. have you tried resetting the cameras? There should be a hardware reset button if you take the dome cover off and the procedure is to hold the reset button for 20 seconds or so after plugging in the power.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would suggest, the same default the NVR, but only if it's a Genuine US region, if it was a poorly hacked version you could end up with a Chinese one, then add the camera's one at a time in plug and play mode.