Hikvision IPC firmware update... my eyes are bleeding... need some help/clarification

gabemcg

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Hikvision IPC firmware update... my eyes are bleeding... need some help/clarifica

Next step is the mtd hack, I made a video to show you how.

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5988-MTD-HACK-made-easy-on-Video

The firmware was edited for a manufacture date that's why you have one camera in English, what was the date 04/2015 or 07/2015?
Thank you! I had actually found this right after I posted last and have already got 5 of the 6 cameras back online. I am still having issues with 1 camera that just wont get through the TFTP process... I never get the 'update successful'. Any ideas on this one? It has a 5.3.0 sticker on the bottom with a 9/2015 date. I THINK it had 5.1.6 on it out of the box. I've tried every firmware I've found, including the 5.1.6 that you have in your signature.

The camera that was still in US was 07/2015, yes.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Re: Hikvision IPC firmware update... my eyes are bleeding... need some help/clarifica

Yes, on that one you will need to use the 5.30 downgrader. This will get you onto 5.25 then you will be able to do the mtd hack on it.

gabemcg

n3wb
Reaction score

Just figured out why that one camera went back to US... it's serial number is CCWR and all the others are CCCH.

This one that doesn't load via TFTP is CCRR.

Trying the 5.30 downgrader now.

gabemcg

n3wb
Reaction score

5.30 downgrader doesnt work either.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Ok, Just use the original 5.30 fw from US or Euro hik sites and you should be all good

gabemcg

n3wb
Reaction score

Ok, Just use the original 5.30 fw from US or Euro hik sites and you should be all good
YES! This worked!! Thank you!

Is your recommendation to just leave everything alone at this point, or should I convert them all to US cameras so that I can update using latest US firmware?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

This is the point you leave them all alone and let them do there job.:peaceful:

Enjoy your system, don't stress yourself out.