Hikvision IR Mini Dome 2cd2532 Wall Mounting on Stone

acmaster

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to mount this camera on a front doorway stone wall. The pig tail which includes leads and audio cable is fairly bulky to put directly in to the wall. The plate that comes with the camera is a 4 3/4in round 1/4 in depth. I need some kind of mounting box/pan that can work with this model. So far no luck in finding something that can work.

Anyone have any ideas or experience with this camera? Looks like I need something between 3/4 up to 1 inch in depth without getting too bulky.

Last edited by a moderator:

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You may need to mod a standard round exterior pvc mounting box. If you could find one without holes, that would be great. Mounting tabs can be trimmed off. And, a round lid for it. Then trim down the box height wise. Trouble is, I think most of them will have 1/2 inch mounting holes on 2-3-4 sides. I don't know if one exists without exterior holes, maybe they do, but big box outfits don't carry them. So, the most you might be able to reduce the height then to, might be 1 1/4 inch. If no holes, you can trim as much as you want. Drill out the center of the lid. Mount lid to mount. Mount camera to lid. PS: I do know you said the plate it comes with is 4 3/4 diam. Standard box is about 4. I was going by the listed housing dimensions for the camera, which should fit onto a standard plate.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I want to mount this camera on a front doorway stone wall. The pig tail which includes leads and audio cable is fairly bulky to put directly in to the wall. The plate that comes with the camera is a 4 3/4in round 1/4 in depth. I need some kind of mounting box/pan that can work with this model. So far no luck in finding something that can work.

Anyone have any ideas or experience with this camera? Looks like I need something between 3/4 up to 1 inch in depth without getting too bulky.
Take a look at Arlington's 8161TR security camera mount http://www.aifittings.com/catalog/security/security-camera-mounting-boxes/8161TR
From the dimensions at http://www.aimedia.co/media/line-drawings/8161TR.pdf it looks to me like it might work well.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I used one of their other products to mount a Hikvision turret on a wall with siding, and am very pleased with the result.

acmaster

n3wb
Reaction score

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A siding mounting block could be handy. That legrand stuff is the interior grade thin gauge metal. Better not expose that to the elements without additional paint / weather protection. As for color, there's always spraypaint :)

acmaster

n3wb
Reaction score
A siding mounting block could be handy. That legrand stuff is the interior grade thin gauge metal. Better not expose that to the elements without additional paint / weather protection. As for color, there's always spraypaint :)
This will be deployed in a covered doorway protected from water so it should be ok. But perhaps not the best if more exposed to the elements.

Beemer533

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't have a photo right now, but I just installed this model (2CD2532-IS) at my front door entry right on the surface with no box; I used a 1.5" bit and was easily able to stuff the pigtail in there with both the LAN and I/O connections without damaging anything. I did securely tape them up as insurance, but I had no problems.

My installation is on a overhead support, not the wall and I think there is even less room than if I had installed it on the wall.

Unless your walls are filled with spray foam, you shouldn't have any issues..