Hikvision License plate capture - actual copy of the plate numbers and logs

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone try this ? for you license plate guys I really like how it keeps the actual plate number and logs that plate you can look up. Any free versions out there or comparable ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Either software is bad or the camera angle is....it botched 2 out of the 10 or so cars...that is a terrible result-particularly for a sample video..

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I like the theory though and for a residential I assume it may not miss and it still was about 95% accurate also we only have 6 digits perhaps that may work better. It also provides what may be a nice option in other software developers future applications.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the theory though and for a residential I assume it may not miss and it still was about 95% accurate also we only have 6 digits perhaps that may work better. It also provides what may be a nice option in other software developers future applications.
hikvisions implementation is no different than other LPR software, there is nothing innovative...in fact, its much more basic than most lpr software..not sure what developers are supposed to learn from this...

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
They could learn to implement it their software then if so easy, I don't have Blue Iris and was not aware that very cool function was implemented. This was a neat video to me anyway and perhaps too others also. I will try to review all other LPR software out there next time before providing any interesting input next time thanks for the correction.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OpenALPRD does same thing; but it also gives you the top-10 best guesses incase its wrong so the metadata can match partials or misreads easy..

just dont have a fancy UI like that; but I plan on making one here soon.. web based so it wont show realtime video like that.. but it'll handle the massive amounts of data im gathering.. Thats going to be the critical part.. I have 527k captures taking up 208GB (just jpeg files) since June; so my residental setup is on track for over a million captures per year.. with a 20% failure rate thats over 200k missed captures a year; that imho is intolerable.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The angle of the camera, frame rate and light levels makes a big difference in the failure rate.
capturing on a round about is not best practice at all.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They could learn to implement it their software then if so easy, I don't have Blue Iris and was not aware that very cool function was implemented. This was a neat video to me anyway and perhaps too others also. I will try to review all other LPR software out there next time before providing any interesting input next time thanks for the correction.
I dont understand. Your point is since hikvision has LPR others should learn from them and implement it? Like its some sort of novelty? Is this the first time you have been exposed to LPR? Everyone does it, for a high fee. Or use open source solutions which require some know how to implement.
Why does everything have to be a stab at blue iris with you? Its unfortunate that you dont have blue iris, you are losing out on lots of actually useful functions for a homeowner...There was no mention of Blue Iris in this thread, yet you feel compelled to bring it up. What is wrong with you?
good LPR requires lots of work without stealing code...you will not find it in 60 dollar software. Do you have any clue as to the cost of implementing LPR with hikvision? Didnt think so. Its is not available on the basic ivms that you use..you need to purchase ivms5200 then PAY additionally for the LPR module.