Hikvision Live View Problem in Microsoft Edge After Windows 10 Install

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the following? I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Windows 10 appears to have a new browser called Microsoft Edge. I am unable to see Live View when opening my Hikvision cams (DS-2CD2032-I 5.3.0) with Microsoft Edge. It keeps requesting me to download and install the plug-in (webcomponents). I have uninstalled webcomponents and re-installed it multiple times with Edge closed. I get the same request every time I try to open with Edge and Live View is not available. I am able to see Live view when I use IE 11 and Google Chrome.

pepperfr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Internet Explorer is still there in Windows 10, so business users and those who want to use add-ons, they could use Internet Explorer instead.

Microsoft Edge as a browser, does not support legacy ActiveX plugins or VBScript in HTML ("Web pages"), in Windows 10.

Don
Thanks. You are right, Internet Explorer is still there. I also have Google Chrome installed. Both of these currently work with webcomponents, but I am warned by Chrome that it will soon be unsupported. I am wondering if Hikvision has any plans for a new plug-in that will be supported. I recently upgraded my camera firmware to 5.3.0. I was sort of hoping it might include a new plug-in that was more supported across web browsers. Wishful thinking, I guess.

MrFixit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are very welcome.

Yes. 5.3.3 does have a new plugin but 5.3.0 does not.

IMHO, I think Hikvision is getting "All their ducks in a row" as they say. With firmware 5.3.3 to get on the road to encrypting their firmware releases in the near future vs. leaving their firmware unencrypted as it is now. Making it much more complicated to play with, than it is now. Even Foscam did this Eons ago.

But...What do I know, LOL! ;-)

Don
Agreed, v5.3.3 does work with Chrome without Chrome complaining. I only installed v5.3.3 on one of my 2CD-2XX2 cameras because I am not sure what models this new firmware is for since it was found in another directory. Don do you know what model cameras this new firmware is for?

Reaction score
Hi. I found a way to use HIKVISION on Windows 10. Open EDGE and click on the 3 dots ( top right corner) then from the options menu there select OPEN IN INTERNET EXPLORER. After u do that use this youtube video and enable all that this guy says. Problem solved for me.
https://www.google.ro/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwicyvvXv_TLAhXIApoKHUceCdwQtwIIPTAF&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eZrrdaIJLk&usg=AFQjCNE3B35TOZq158ax6snAhjgCuQXfpw&sig2=j4tza22I8R5a7m3xXyWhDQ

Many thanks for the membership.

Have a good day,
Valentin

GSidhu7n

n3wb
Reaction score
This was a brilliant fix, edge still does not work as of Jan 2018, use the 3 dots in the upper right corner to switch to Internet Explorer

G

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In Win 10, 'search' for 'Internet explorer'; when found, you can 'add to quick launch' or right click, select 'open file location', find the shortcut and create another shortcut on the desktop.