Hikvision Live View with MacOS Safari and No Plugin

Ramias

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an older DS-2CD2432F-IW that uses the old plugin for browser live view. It had been on the shelf for a while. Pulled it out and was shocked Live View was working with MacOS Safari on my new M2 Mac. Could not understand why my other Hikvisions (one the same model number; others the same series) could not do this.

And then I screwed up... Could not delete the SMTP settings to "Restored" -- Reset all the parameters, except the IP parameters and user information, to the default settings. And now Live view does not work on my Mac for this camera. So clearly I had some configuration of settings before that luckily let it work for Live View on my Mac but I can't recreate those settings.

Does anybody know how to configure this for Live View without the plugin?

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how to configure this for Live View without the plugin?
I don't have, or use a Mac - but the firmware for that model has a selector for QuickTime as well as VLC and MJPEG and Webcomponents in the Live View page.
But I don't see any configuration settings that may be linked to being able to view on a Mac.

Ramias

n3wb
Reaction score
yes it does. But before I reset it, I did not have to toggle those; I just signed in and it worked. Totally surprised me that it worked.