HIKVision & LTS 3 & 4mp Camera review/example

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
LTS 3 & 4mp Camera review/examples

I've followed this forum for awhile as I am an industry professional. Recently I made the switch to start using private labeled cameras within installs. I finally also made the switch from WEISKY Tech cameras at my home to LTS Cameras. I wanted to provide a quick review/example of my experience.

I am running a 16CH NVR (up to 30fps @ 6mp per channel) with 16 integrated POE ports up to 200watts. This is mounted in a locked server cabinet which is secured to a 1” sheet of plywood which is secured to 3 2x6 studs) All wiring is wall fished and not subject to being cut.

All entrances or points of intrusion are covered with 4mp 20fps vandal proof domes. (CMIP7442)
Garage and Front Drive are covered with 3mp Turrets with Matrix IR (CMIP3032)
Cameras inside the home are CI6132 3mp mini domes with audio recording
Long Shots – Wide Coverage areas like back and side yards are CMIP9532 3mp Matrix Bullets

I have 12 cameras in all that cover the entire exterior of my home and 4 of which are located inside the home.

All entries have motion detection set to lowest sensitivity – this results in only 1 to 2 (max) false alarm emails a day – emails arrive with 3 burst snap shots spaced 2seconds apart. I also have intrusion lines set as a second line of notification.

Storage drives are two 4TB WD Purple Surveillance drives and log roughly 3.5 - 4 weeks’ worth of data before overwriting.

I included a few images showing screen shots/installation locations of a couple cameras to give you an idea how small/inconspicuous these cameras are – yet I have mounted them so should you approach the home with ill intentions you will notice them and hopefully think twice.

The main thing still left to do is dial in the custom color/image settings on several of the cameras as well as fine tune 2 cameras directions/mounts so that the IR does not wash them out because of an object to close (front yard camera for example with the downspout).

All in all – I am very happy with the switch to LTS cameras. The quality of the cameras is top notch and the 3 year factory warranty provides customers with a piece of mind!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I too have just installed them and having read some of the issues people have with firmware I'm glad I got these U.S versions too. Like you, I'm still working on dialing them in.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Re: LTS 3 & 4mp Camera review/example

I understand wanting to save money at times on certain things... However do you really want to chance an imported hacked firmware device with no warranty via amazon or alliexpress? Especially if the home or business you are trying to protect is compromised and that imported/hacked device fails... The quality and support received from US suppliers is A+ from my experience with them. For the most part my "serious" customers have no issue paying the premium for the US branded products. One of my business buildings does have 24 3mp IP cameras from Weisky Tech that I put in a few years ago when 3mp was just taking hold. They are a combination of domes and bullets - no turrets or matrix IR. They are all routed back to a cisco POE switch and into a 32 CH NVR. They perform amazing, however I've had to ship 2 cameras back to Weisky for warranty replacement and the shipping/customs/duties fees I could damn near buy a new camera. However Weisky Tech was a solid supplier with quality hardware and support (if you were okay with doing business late at night with the 12hr+ time difference).

Bow94z

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nice setup and review. Recently picked up a LTS 3mp mini dome and have no complaints. Thanks Milkisbad!

Have pics of your cabinet installed? Did you bring every run back to cabinet?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Really nice to post images of the mounting. Gave me some ideas to adjust my placement as well. Thanks! The only thing in your setup that suffers is night time quality in the driveway. I have the same issue where new 4MP dome is not enough for my long driveway coverage which I'll be replacing with a PTZ when I get it.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Nice setup and review. Recently picked up a LTS 3mp mini dome and have no complaints. Thanks Milkisbad!

Have pics of your cabinet installed? Did you bring every run back to cabinet?
I actually do not have pictures on this PC, I'll try to post one later. Yes, Everything is home run to the cabinet/nvr as the POE is intigrated. I'm also preparing to wire a touchscreen monitor to the NVR that will be mounted downstairs in my entry way.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I actually do not have pictures on this PC, I'll try to post one later. Yes, Everything is home run to the cabinet/nvr as the POE is intigrated. I'm also preparing to wire a touchscreen monitor to the NVR that will be mounted downstairs in my entry way.
How do you wire a touch screen, just hook it up to HDMI? Also which touch screen would you recommend. Currently I am using HP 15" Envy X2 touchscreen tablet for this purpose which runs IVMS4200 on it, but looking for a better solution.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
How do you wire a touch screen, just hook it up to HDMI? Also which touch screen would you recommend. Currently I am using HP 15" Envy X2 touchscreen tablet for this purpose which runs IVMS4200 on it, but looking for a better solution.
I've used samsung touchscreen monitors previously with other NVR's, I have yet to attempt to do so with this LTS NVR, however, I have no reason to believe it wouldn't work the same.

You are correct that HDMI provides the picture - depending on the HDMI run from NVR to monitor you can pick up a long HDMI cable at somewhere like http://www.monoprice.com or get an HDMI over ethernet adapter. The main limitation is the USB connection that the monitor needs to the NVR. My best advice is to get a USB over ethernet adapter also - this will allow you to run your USB connection unto around 100 - 125'.

Ramos

n3wb
Reaction score
Just picked up the 5TB Purple on sale. Used to have a 2TB green and was having frame loss with motion detection. Would record 3 seconds and then skip 6-10 seconds. Looks like the problem may be resolved. Also the 2TB Green was auto sensed from the NVR to be at about 18fps. The purple auto senses to 30fps. Don't know if I need all that since it will chew up disk space. Any suggestions?

NEED HELP ON THIS.
Having a little problem Extending the Pre-Record on the Motion. Regardless of extending it to 20 or 30 seconds using the NVR or the web interface or the NVMS7000 interface, it only Pre-Records 5 seconds. I am using the LTS 3MP turret with the LTS 8 channel POE NVR. Has anyone had the same problem and have you been able to resolve it? Thanks

Rudyjr

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for a great review and photos. LTS has a great product and their support is stellar. Beautiful installation too. Thanks

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Was wdr on in any of those shots?
@gwminor48 - no image adjustments have been made yet including WDR. WDR would be helpful in the morning hours of the front yard camera to light the large shadows caused by the house - however the afternoon the entire front yard is lite with no shadows. Where I will definitely dial in WDR would be the camera in the garage because when the door is open you lose a lot of detail to dark picture inside the garage.

Since everything is up and running finally I hope to get around to dialing in each individual camera color setting in the upcoming weeks.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've used samsung touchscreen monitors previously with other NVR's, I have yet to attempt to do so with this LTS NVR, however, I have no reason to believe it wouldn't work the same.

You are correct that HDMI provides the picture - depending on the HDMI run from NVR to monitor you can pick up a long HDMI cable at somewhere like http://www.monoprice.com or get an HDMI over ethernet adapter. The main limitation is the USB connection that the monitor needs to the NVR. My best advice is to get a USB over ethernet adapter also - this will allow you to run your USB connection unto around 100 - 125'.
Id actually like to see a how to on how you wire this up because I'm not quite understanding or should i say being able to picture how it would be done

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Id actually like to see a how to on how you wire this up because I'm not quite understanding or should i say being able to picture how it would be done
Maybe a few weeks till I get around to actually doing this as free time seems non existent lately. However I will document and show once complete.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: LTS 3 & 4mp Camera review/examples

Nice review with the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I've followed this forum for awhile as I am an industry professional. Recently I made the switch to start using private labeled cameras within installs. I finally also made the switch from WEISKY Tech cameras at my home to LTS Cameras. I wanted to provide a quick review/example of my experience.

I am running a 16CH NVR (up to 30fps @ 6mp per channel) with 16 integrated POE ports up to 200watts. This is mounted in a locked server cabinet which is secured to a 1” sheet of plywood which is secured to 3 2x6 studs) All wiring is wall fished and not subject to being cut.

All entrances or points of intrusion are covered with 4mp 20fps vandal proof domes. (CMIP7442)
Garage and Front Drive are covered with 3mp Turrets with Matrix IR (CMIP3032)
Cameras inside the home are CI6132 3mp mini domes with audio recording
Long Shots – Wide Coverage areas like back and side yards are CMIP9532 3mp Matrix Bullets

I have 12 cameras in all that cover the entire exterior of my home and 4 of which are located inside the home.

All entries have motion detection set to lowest sensitivity – this results in only 1 to 2 (max) false alarm emails a day – emails arrive with 3 burst snap shots spaced 2seconds apart. I also have intrusion lines set as a second line of notification.

Storage drives are two 4TB WD Purple Surveillance drives and log roughly 3.5 - 4 weeks’ worth of data before overwriting.

I included a few images showing screen shots/installation locations of a couple cameras to give you an idea how small/inconspicuous these cameras are – yet I have mounted them so should you approach the home with ill intentions you will notice them and hopefully think twice.

The main thing still left to do is dial in the custom color/image settings on several of the cameras as well as fine tune 2 cameras directions/mounts so that the IR does not wash them out because of an object to close (front yard camera for example with the downspout).

All in all – I am very happy with the switch to LTS cameras. The quality of the cameras is top notch and the 3 year factory warranty provides customers with a piece of mind!
Awesome review -- thanks for the info, zero-degrees.

A few questions. If you don't mind:

-- Where do you recommend purchasing LTS equipment to ensure US versions? Their site looks restricted for purchase to consumers

-- I've also seen some posts regarding issues with PoE ports dying on their switches and as a result some people choosing to use PoE injectors. Are you able to share which switch you have chosen to use, if any, and the model # of your NVR and your performance and interface experience with it? I'm most concerned about throughput and maximized the fps and resolution without overloading the system.

-- What are the main conditions that help you determine when to choose a dome vs. turret vs. bullet?

I know you have a lot of experience being in the industry so I value your opinion on this and anyone else from this awesome forum that would like to chime in.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score

@Alphax - See below

A few questions. If you don't mind:

-- Where do you recommend purchasing LTS equipment to ensure US versions? Their site looks restricted for purchase to consumers.
LTS does restrict purchases to industry professionals only but I purchase through our corp account. However, if you look around this forum and locate user @milkisbad he can assist you and get you all the information you need.

-- I've also seen some posts regarding issues with PoE ports dying on their switches and as a result some people choosing to use PoE injectors. Are you able to share which switch you have chosen to use, if any, and the model # of your NVR and your performance and interface experience with it? I'm most concerned about throughput and maximized the fps and resolution without overloading the system.
I do not use LTS switches. I use cisco or netgear POE switches when not running directly into NVR systems with POE switches integrated in. I am not a fan of POE injectors as its just more pieces and inline equipment. I have used the Platinum LTS NVR's (4,8,16 channels with POE intigrated). The interface is great, simple, and easy to configure and use. Within a few minutes your up and running and within an hour you can have everything setup and configured (motion detection, email alerts, advanced analytics, POE port information, etc). There 8/16 channel NVRs can record 16 channels @ 4mp/20fps 24/7 or up to 160Mbps, so overload shouldn't be a concern.

-- What are the main conditions that help you determine when to choose a dome vs. turret vs. bullet
Domes are good for low ceiling mounts or spots where people can reach them since domes are metal and solid/vandal proof they won't allow someone to grab them or adjust there angle. Domes also must be out of the elements as rain and water spots will cause major issues. You also will find that domes present more of a "professional" look to some individuals.

Turrets are good for out in the open in the elements just like bullets are, you don't really have to worry about rain or weather conditions. Turrets have matrix IR which is more energy efficient and in my opinion provides better and more even IR coverage.

I don't use bullets to often unless they are up high or under an eve on a second story or something, just not personally a fan of how they appear or look, however they are small and provide the ability to be hidden in a corner.

I know you have a lot of experience being in the industry so I value your opinion on this and anyone else from this awesome forum that would like to chime in.
there is a TON of information on this forum and a lot of different perspectives people can offer. Spend some time doing some research to figure out what works best for your situation. I also dumped several guides into the New Member section that will give you a great amount of information on the IP Camera world so feel free to take a look at those - I think the post has gotten bumped off the main page though with so many new introductions but here is a link to all the guides.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/7097-Resource-Guide-on-IP-Technology-for-all-Noobs

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@zero-degrees -- wow, I knew I was going to love this forum. Talk about a speedy response and thank you for the details.

I spent quite a bit of time researching on another forum and heard about this one and joined up, very glad I did. I'll hook up with @milkisbad and see what we can work out.

Thanks again!