Hikvision moisture issue

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all. I have a DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZ(H)S which is about 2 years old. I've recently noticed bad images in the morning and at night. Upon inspection the lense seal at the front seems to have broken down. Is there any way to remove it and reseal it?IMG_20200827_205452.jpgIMG_20200827_205452.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way to remove it and reseal it?
Obviously you'd have to dismantle the camera to get at it.
And it's likely you'd break it trying to remove it and take away the old sealant.
If so - a replacement or two is readily available if you do an eBay search for "watch glass flat" after you've measured the diameter.
And you'll need some epoxy resin or other strong glue for the re-seal.
And keep your fingers off the lens ...

Fiddly, but quite do-able.

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's a manufacturing flaw? It's only 2 years old. Or is it common? I'll try a heat gun to soften the adhesive like they do on cellphones, or is that likely to damage the lense?

Brin

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. I experienced smiler situation as client used broom stick to clean the camera(). Thus slightly damaged the outer glass, applied tiny bit of glue and a hairdryer. Magic, it worked. Good luck

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm going to replace it with the new line 7 anpr
DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHS but will try and fix it once the new one is installed.

Jeremeyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Obviously you'd have to dismantle the camera to get at it.
And it's likely you'd break it trying to remove it and take away the old sealant.
If so - a replacement or two is readily available if you do an eBay search for "watch glass flat" after you've measured the diameter.
And you'll need some epoxy resin or other strong glue for the re-seal.
And keep your fingers off the lens ...

So I figured out there is 2 tiny screws in the top of the camera housing that hold the black plastic face on. Then under the face are 4 screws to remove the front sensor housing from the main body. Looks quite corroded inside the front. And yes I cracked the lense cover so I'll be drying it out and getting a new cover. Thanks for your help

Fiddly, but quite do-able.