Hikvision motion detection recording issue after reboot

altatec

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have an issue with the newest Hikvision DVR software (V4.20.000 build 181107).
I make all the settings to record on motion detection. Schedule on continuous for motion detection recording. Everything is fine until the DVR reboots. After the reboot (caused by a lack of AC or manual reboot, doesn't matter), the dvr does not restart the recording. If I hit save again for every camera setting in the schedule, the dvr restarts recording on motion detection.
Am I the only one who has this problem? I have to set them to continuous recording, and then there's no problem, but decreases the period of recordings.
This issue doesn't exist on NVRs with the same software. I also installed NVRs and did not have any issue on motion detection recording after reboot.
I also have clients where the system is mixed. DVR with 16 TVI cameras and 2 IP cameras. The IP channels are recording normally in motion detection after the reboot, but the others don't.
I am installing Hikvision from their beginning, but I did not have any problem, until this new software.
Maybe I am the only one that observed this issue, or am I doing something wrong?
Best regards,
Lorant.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe I am the only one that observed this issue, or am I doing something wrong?
It sounds like you should contact Hikvision tech support - they are likely to be aware of the problem.
From what you are describing, it sounds like a bug has been introduced on the new firmware.

Does the problem go away if you downgrade the firmware?