Hikvision motion detection

kirkfrey

n3wb
Reaction score
I am confused by Hikvision motion detection. With the settings below I expected that motion detection would only be triggered when a human or vehicle was detected. What is happening is that any motion is trigering recording on my Synology Surveillance Station.

1686335511149.png

kirkfrey

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, its a DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL firmware V5.7.1 build 220225

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the similar Annke version of your camera with side loaded hikvision firmware. The Human/Vehicle motion detection only works with the hik's NVR's that can recognise the filtering of human/vehicle. I'm sure you SS NAS only has basic motion detection via onvif.

You could try lowering sensitivity or go to expert mode of motion detection to see if that helps?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What event types does SS provide for you to choose from to trigger recording?
If it's an ONVIF connection it may only be motion events.

kirkfrey

n3wb
Reaction score
Just "motion". I did see that it has a driver specific to this camera (I was using the generic one). I changed over to that but havent had any time to see if that helped. I am guessing not

kusojiji

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought one of these and have been having issues with motion detection. Nice to find out about the human/vehicle note above as I was also wondering why nothing changed. I am also using a Synology.

What I am seeing is a lot of false detects almost every 2-3 minutes when using the camera motion detection settings. I see the detect bar on the synology surveillance station top out while there is nothing going on. Tried normal and expert mode. In expert mode, I created 7 zones with different sensitivity levels. While troubleshooting the false detects, I set each zone to 0 sensitivity and still received false detects. Only when I set the motion detect to off on the camera did the synology stop receiving the detects.

Am currently using the synology to set the motion detect conditions, but this takes away all of the camera capabilities such as the white light alarm or siren. Am wondering if anyone else has issues with the synology interface. I troubleshot with Hikvision and they ended up replacing the camera. The replacement does the same thing.

BTW, using the surveillance station preset for this camera. May give ONVIF a try.

Last edited:

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Motion detection 2.0 have its predefined min/max values which we cannot change, and depending on distance it can give a lot false alarms. Rather use smart event and min/max calibrate it. If you want to go 1 step ahead, do more intrusions depending on distance from camera, hence more min/max values to calibrate depending on distance.
Im not a fan of motion detection 2.0 but it is a marketing settings for end user. Installer should always use smart event if possible.

Sorry for my horrible drawing but here is somewhat representation of 3 areas and its min/maxes. As you know as the object is more in distant it is smaller . This is the correct way to calibrate Acusense. It all depends on the scene, but this is aprox. idea of what you need to do.

1694942218061.png

kusojiji

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow, did not know that about motion detect 2. It seems to be horrible as it does not work. What is Acusense? Is that embedded in the settings?

I need to go into the smart event settings to fully understand what you are describing. Appreciate the 2D drawing! :)