Hikvision motion or event recording, separated!!

keniff

n3wb
Reaction score
lol. I was that way, then I changed my NVR to one of these new 'Value plus series' ones (wanted more channels and TB's), and now it does't show the picture anymore. Just a generic picture of a bell. Wonderful
Ah I had this issue too, it was again the record mode causing it, if you try changing the record mode to constant and let it send out an alert I think you would get the snap shot, I’ll look at my settings as I did crack it in the end to have motion record and the alerts working great

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
My issue is as in post that I do not have the option to record on event only. I have a DS-7616NI-I2/16P and a DS-7608NI-E2/8P both have the same problem.
You don't have this option? :
upload_2019-6-26_23-12-34.png

This NVR is running even older firmware, it's tweaked and I've never felt the need to mess with the latest firmware which is 3.4.103 from here : DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

upload_2019-6-26_23-16-21.png

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Should I try to downgrade firmware. Can I do that?
No, I don't believe that would help.
Curious what POS stands for. I don't recall seeing the before.

Those recording options have been available for quite a lot of firmware revisions older than the 3.4.90
But they do need some event notifications to drive them - I wonder if the recording choices available depends on the types of notifications available.
What do you have under Smart Events, for example ?

upload_2019-6-27_9-53-50.png

mycatjest

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hikvison recording really confuses me ...DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P nvr , firmware V3.4.104 build 190128

i have continuous record set up, and each each camera is set up for set up for smart events -both intrusion & line crossing, with an arming schedule 24/7 and only use IE web playback, the events show up as "alarm" in IE.. i have no idea what "manual" is in IE

anyway when i look at alarm, on the timeline -it seems to work...

hikvison really do need to sort out their naming conventions, or at least make their user manual clear..

ps is there a newer firmware than 3.4 for the DS-7608NI-K2 , i haven't seen one on the UK/EU sites?

POS i think is point of sale - eg for cameras on tills at the local supermarket...

Lowvoltage

n3wb
Reaction score
No, I don't believe that would help.
Curious what POS stands for. I don't recall seeing the before.

Those recording options have been available for quite a lot of firmware revisions older than the 3.4.90
But they do need some event notifications to drive them - I wonder if the recording choices available depends on the types of notifications available.
What do you have under Smart Events, for example ?

View attachment 44100
I have the same exact screen with same options. So I doubt its related to smart events.