Hikvision network camera in iVMS4200 but not a browser

Kent

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
hoping someone can help.
I have a hikvision NVR - DS-7716NI-K4/16P
I have 5 Hikvision cameras off the back of that directly. All good.
I also have one Hikvision network camera working ( ie on my lan ) and imported into the main group I use.
I have just added 2 new Hik cameras to my setup using my lan.
I can see the cameras in ivms 4200 on my PC and have imported them into my main ( only ) group - "HOME".
I can use remote config from ivms4200 no issues.
I can get to them direct using the direct URL in a browser to the camera.
But I cannot see them at all when using the NVR web pages in a browser.
Ie I cannot see them camera management nor in live view nor anywhere else from the NVR web page.
The new cameras have fixed IPs - just like the one other network camera that works.
I tried to add the items manually into camera management - but it wont update the IP address on the "connect / virtual host ) url. ( im assuming im jumping the gun there anyway and that if I cant see them in live view then im not even that far along )

Ie basically, from the browser, I cannot see them anywhere at all on the NVRs web page. But on ivms4200 I have full visibility and control and can connect to them directly.
I tried changing virtual host on and off - no joy.
Ive looked over all the config - just cannot see anything.
I just dont get it.
any ideas very much welcome.
Thank you.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried to add the items manually into camera management
With a 16 channel NVR that has 16 PoE ports - to connect LAN-connected cameras you presumably see an error if you try to 'add' the new cameras, as all 16 channels are initially pre-defined for the 16 PoE ports.
Presumably for your existing LAN-connected cameras, you selected an unused PoE channel in Camera Management, and used 'Modify' to change the IP address of the channel to match that of the camera you want to add.

Is that the method that you are using for the additional LAN-connected cameras?

Kent

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for replying..... You are correct.
I will say a little more of the detail in case it helps.
I went into ivms 4200 ;selected the 2 cameras from the bottom pane to add them into the top, adding them into my only group.
I then went onto the browser and went to the NVR Web page, picked an empty line and changed the ip for that line. But, the 'connect' Url didnt reflect the new ip - it was still showing as if it was a private poe off the NVR instead of a lan ip and port. I turned off and then on again virtual host ( or remote host - not at my desk so not sure correct name) - ie to clear out all the 'connect'strings and repopulate them. The connect string still didnt reflect the correct ip. Further, I cannot even see the two new cameras in the list on the left side when I select 'live view' from the NVR Web page through a browser.
Once again, thank you for your interest and reply.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
went to the NVR Web page, picked an empty line and changed the ip for that line.
After you did that, waited for 10secs or so, refreshed the page, what showed for the camera status?
Further, I cannot even see the two new cameras in the list on the left side when I select 'live view' from the NVR Web page through a browser.
They would need to be in a 'Connected' state to appear in the Live View list.

It seems the cameras are not connecting successfully.
What is the NVR IP address?
What are the camera IP addresses?
What models of camera are you trying to connect, and do they match any of those already on the PoE ports?
Clutching at straws now:
What versions of firmware are on the NVR and the cameras?

Kent

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Camera status was showing as offline.
Re firmware - im using hik turrets. All my cameras are hik turrets ( except 1 which a hik dome and my first and only other lan camera and that works ok)
The camera type is DS-2CD2342WD-I and the firmware versions are V5.4.5 build 170124.
The NVR firmware is V3.4.62 build 160503
My NVR ip is 192.168.1.78
The two cameras are 192.168.1.55 and 192.168.1.56 ( fixed addresses below my dhcp range) with subnet 255.255.255.0
It may be irrelevant but in case it makes any difference, I see they are missing from ivms4500 and hikconnect as well. Not sure if that helps hone the direction. They can be seen in sadp.
Btw - funny as it may seem im kind of glad you said clutching at straws as that means im not being a complete wally :+) as I see you are well respected on this forum.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I see no problems with the addresses and firmware versions you've shown.
I would have expected the cameras to connect.
Presumably in the NVR Camera Configuration, port=8000, protocol=Hikvision ?
They can be seen in sadp.
And their status is Active, the firmware version looks normal ?

As an experiment, in the NVR Camera Configuration, try changing protocol to ONVIF and port=80 and see if they connect.

Kent

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much.
I am now able to see all my cameras in every version of the software on every screen ( Inc hik-connect).
So thats all working now.
Just have one thing left on my list of getting all lan cams to record continous. I will spend some more time trying to work that out and come back to the forum if I still cant get it going.
Once again, thank you for your help and ideas you gave. Most helpful.