HikVision Network is unstable Connecting Again

M4SK13

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi sorry if this has been posted before but getting tee'd off with what should be a decent NVR and camera setup...

So, i have the DS-7732NI-K4/16P Firmware v4.22.005 buidl 191208/Encoding V5.0 Build 191208/Web Version V4.0.1 build 191120
i have Hikvision 4K dome cameras cant recall the version but purchased new at the same time as the NVR.

Internal on a 4K 65" TV dont have a problem displaying any of the 16 cameras attached at any resolution very very little lag.

External on Mobile/Tablet using the HikConnect we constantly get network is unstable, connecting again or even unable to connect.
In HD through-put in HikConnect shows say 50ks to 800ks max. and even less on basic (sub stream) etc.

Internet connections are a 1Gbps leased line up and down speed static IP unlimited data with firewall rules in place (yes its even a 1Gbps firewall too < harder to find than you may think!).
Speed tests show 995Mbps and 998Mbps consistantly.

Recieving device internet on 4G is 45mbps up and down, whilst internet is VDSL 70Mbps/19Mbps. Even tried on leased line at other premises 30/30 and 100/100 still the same.

I am very technical on networking and firewalls, but not so much on the Hik NVR and Camera's so much. Everything i can see is setup perfectly fine and up to date firmware revisions wise.

Can anyone give me any ideas to improve network viewing performance externally please on mobile/tablet devices.?

Thanks
Simon

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm not versed in nvr but if you're coming in from the outside, I have to ask what you're using as a vpn gateway. Are you using openvpn and a good quality router (or nas) as your gateway?

I'm assuming you're not using port forwarding.

M4SK13

n3wb
Reaction score
will give the old app another go. DDNS/IP setup and port forwarding as access it from web/remotely on desktops (which is laggy too).
thanks for repsonding will give it a go

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Remote web access should be the same as locally, if your WAN connection is as good as you claim it to be.

I do have VPN between home and work, and I can see all devices as if they were on the local LAN, and even do remote recording (record some work cameras at my home, record some home cameras at work). 600Mbps/600Mbps simetric connection at each place.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try to disable encrypting option for streaming, try setting bit rate to variable rather than constant, and try lowering bit rate kbps alittle bit. If your using a static IP, also try simple port forwarding and hitting the WAN IP in either of the two hik mobil apps. You can also try to ping the WAN from a remote PC and check response time.

M4SK13

n3wb
Reaction score
ok the feed back so far install the ivms-4500 app and wow what a difference instant performance in any mode fluent or clear etc. all cameras be it 9 or 16 not a problem. remote viewing through web connection a pain due to the NPAPI lack of support but i use chrome and the IE plugin which sort of works in sub stream no problem but flakey in main stream.

so i am very happy with the ivms app just the hik-connect app is crappy by comparison.

M4SK13

n3wb
Reaction score
Try to disable encrypting option for streaming, try setting bit rate to variable rather than constant, and try lowering bit rate kbps alittle bit. If your using a static IP, also try simple port forwarding and hitting the WAN IP in either of the two hik mobil apps. You can also try to ping the WAN from a remote PC and check response time.
great answers tried them all and aware of them all. thank you for replying

M4SK13

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not versed in nvr but if you're coming in from the outside, I have to ask what you're using as a vpn gateway. Are you using openvpn and a good quality router (or nas) as your gateway?

I'm assuming you're not using port forwarding.
Tried direct IP and Port Forwarding, Tried No-IP Access etc. Firewall & Router is Draytek 3900 Series with a Sophos XG-330 Firewall breaking off in to different networks but the CCTV is on its own network for security. Thanks for the reply

Ant29

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, sorry to dig up this thread. I too am having this problem when trying to review footage on my iPhone via the app. Network is unstable connecting again and it will remain on this until I change the time and either work, or won’t. No issues with playback via the HDR direct. It’s connected direct via Ethernet to my router. I’m not super techy when it comes to if ports need opening or forwarding etc. Can anyone advise? I’m on virgin media and my router is a netgear r8000p nighthawk. Really grateful if someone could help/advise. Thanks

Attachments

Danes

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! Same thing as happened to me. I also get the unstable network thing on the mobile streaming via Hik-Connect. Until I reboot the system, the streaming from my phone restores then appx. 15-30 mins later it happens again. I did notice that the rate on the hik-connect is 0k/s 0.000mb. Need help :(

trl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Probably same issue happens to lot of folks, I don't think Hik guys are willing to resolve this.

How I see things is that Hik servers should act as a "relay" between a registered Hik NVR and it's clients. It's clear to me that Hik servers started to decline all or lot of Hik NVRs, either due to being EOL, either due to the fact that some (lot of) NVRs were purchased from gray market (not from an authorized Hik dealer).

So, I'm one of those having the "Network is unstable. Connecting again" issue and the only "resolution" I could find is to do port forwarding on the 8000 port (TCP-UDP) from the external IP to the internal one, like @M4SK13 did. Basically, a request from Internet on the ext_IP_of_your_home_router:8000 should be forwarded to int_IP_of_NVR:8000 on the ivms4500 mobile application.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
the only "resolution" I could find is to do port forwarding on the 8000 port (TCP-UDP) from the external IP to the internal one, like @M4SK13 did. Basically, a request from Internet on the ext_IP_of_your_home_router:8000 should be forwarded to int_IP_of_NVR:8000
Just checking that you realise that by doing so you are allowing the entire internet to access the NVR.
It's recognised as a pretty risk thing to do from the cyber security viewpoint.
And presumably the NVR is connected to your house network along with all your other devices.

trl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, the "entire" Internet that knows the password from the NVR and the encryption key/code too. At least I can map the port I want, not like DDNS that used to have so many security bugs on NVRs.

I don't like the idea of doing this compromise, but is anyone having a better idea, please? This app was working just fine till few months ago, so my two cents is that Hik definitely don't care about EOL NVR clients for sure. I can't even file a support question, because the EU store I purchased it from is not an authorised dealer.

JHuff15

n3wb
Reaction score
I had this same problem. I had to create a port forwarding rule on my cable modem. Once I did that, I set up the mobile app to access by ip address. I did, however, notice that it got rid of my problems with hik-connect too. Hope this helps somebody!