Hikvision new camera frustration

Bill Stock

n3wb
Reaction score
I added a new camera to my NVR after quite some time. The wiring frustration was bad enough, but at least the cable passed. I plug the new camera into NVR and it starts beeping right away about an IP conflict. I tried changing the IP for my failed Amcrest add, but this did not solve my problem. If I try to one touch add this camera, it says no more IP cameras allowed. If I scroll down to the bottom of the cameras there is an unassigned camera that shows active, with a green Plus sign beside it. If I click on the Plus sign, it says no more IP cameras allowed. :banghead:

If I had the hair to spare I'd be pulling it out. Any help appreciated. I was thinking of keying the IP of 'Camera 17' manually into D03, as that is where the new camera is actually plugged in.

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I added a new camera to my NVR after quite some time.
Model / firmware of camera, model / firmware of NVR?
NVR PoE ports?

Given a Hikvision camera, and a Hikvision NVR with PoE ports, configured as the default 'Plug&Play' mode -
Power the camera up separately from the NVR.
Reset the camera to default settings (reset button or web GUI Maintenance menu) so that it is 'Inactive'.
Connect the camera to the chosen NVR PoE port.
After a couple of minutes it will be activated and connected.

Bill Stock

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks.

Yes I had to plug it into my POE switch and activate it. I don't remember having to do this originally, but that was quite a while ago.