Hikvision New Crack down non Hikvision Europe

Paul Arthur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
it's came to my attetion hikvision no longer supporting hikvision europe for other countries beside europe
there say so looks like i can't update my nvr as i'm from Australia -_- not sure where i can get my updates from now there CCRR and CCWR :(

Explaination of the FW file name.txt
Europe-East: Bulgarian,Magyar,Greek,Czech,Slovak,Polski,Romanian,Hrvatski,Slovenia,Srpski
Europe-West: Deutsch,Italiano,French,Dutch,Portuguese,Spanish,Dansk,Svenska,Norsk,Suomi
Europe_Other: Magyar,Deutsh,Italiano,Czech,French,Polski,Dutch,Portuguese,Spanish,Dansk

with_BL_: Baseline (BL)
with_ML_: Multi-language (ML)
with_STD_: Standard version with Hikvision logo

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/?dir=portal/Product Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/DS-7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4/V3.4.98 build171121

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it's came to my attetion hikvision no longer supporting hikvision europe for other countries beside europe
there say so looks like i can't update my nvr as i'm from Australia -_- not sure where i can get my updates from now there CCRR and CCWR :(

Explaination of the FW file name.txt
Europe-East: Bulgarian,Magyar,Greek,Czech,Slovak,Polski,Romanian,Hrvatski,Slovenia,Srpski
Europe-West: Deutsch,Italiano,French,Dutch,Portuguese,Spanish,Dansk,Svenska,Norsk,Suomi
Europe_Other: Magyar,Deutsh,Italiano,Czech,French,Polski,Dutch,Portuguese,Spanish,Dansk

with_BL_: Baseline (BL)
with_ML_: Multi-language (ML)
with_STD_: Standard version with Hikvision logo

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/?dir=portal/Product Firmware/Back-ends/Recorder/NVR/DS-7600NI-E1(E2) 7700NI-E4/V3.4.98 build171121
HI Paul,

Looks like Hikvision US is having a "road show"

I'm guessing that Hikvision is locking stuff down... interesting to also note that:

"The center will allow government agencies in the U.S. and Canada to review the source code for a wide selection of IP cameras and NVRs sold by Hikvision."
Hikvision Opens Security Industry’s First Source Code Transparency Center

I find it odd, as iirc Hikvision cameras are using Linux - and thus iirc are breaking copy right by not releasing their modifications. ( GPL and LGPL license ).

"...Alex Asnovich, senior director, corporate marketing, Hikvision North America, tells SSI much deliberation went into the decision to open what the company bills as the first facility of its kind in the security industry and potentially risk losing competitive advantages.

“This is challenging because we want to be transparent, however, source code is confidential, intellectual property. A lot of discussion and planning went into deciding how to achieve a satisfactory level of transparency while still keeping control of our intellectual property,” he said."

Wow, if indeed they are using Linux or any other open source licensed IP they're really deceptive about it. Note recently Hikvision USA has been giving IPVM a very hard time lying about various events and statements.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ref:
Cybersecurity Myths and Facts: Presented by Hikvision
Cybersecurity Myths and Facts: Presented by Hikvision:

Join Hikvision’s director of cybersecurity for North America, Chuck Davis, for an interactive educational session about cybersecurity. Learn more about cybersecurity threats, hacks and vulnerabilities, and walk away with some best practices to mitigate those threats and vulnerabilities. Davis will also outline what Hikvision is doing to further secure its products from potential cybersecurity breaches.

With more than 20 years’ experience building world-class cybersecurity programs for large enterprise organizations, Chuck Davis recently joined Hikvision as director of cybersecurity in North America. Davis comes to Hikvision from IBM, where he was executive security architect. He holds seven US Patents, and numerous certifications, including the CISSP-ISSAP. He is an ISSA senior member, former member of the board, and he also held the position of ISSA chapter president. Davis is also an adjunct professor of computer science and ethical hacking at the University of Denver.

Attendance is free; however, space is limited so please register to reserve your spot today.

To protect the privacy, safety and security of attendees, recording devices are not permitted for use during Cybersecurity Road Show events. Events are intended to be a forum for education and open discussion with Hikvision partners. These are non-media events. Members of the media should contact Alex Asnovich alex.asnovich@hikvision.com and Martha Entwistle martha.entwistle@hikvision.com to request information and arrange interviews.