Hikvision NVR 7608NI-I2-8P Reboot

Timo

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any solution in sight to solve the reboot issue?? New firmware etc.?

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What model of NVR do you have?
There are different versions of firmware for the K41 (76xxNI-En) and K51 (76xxNI-In) NVRs.
If it is a 7608NI-I2, the K51 3.4.80 firmware had some memory allocation problems, and 3.4.82 was released.

Here are the 2 series of firmware, with both EN and ML:
HIKVISION EUROPE
HIKVISION EUROPE
Hi Alastair - It's weird, the first link you posted goes to "V3.4.90 build161008 English+Multi-lingual" and the release notes reference my DS-7608NI-I2/8P with a release date of 20-10-2016. I've been using "V3.4.90 build160926" with a release date of 17-11-2016. Here: HIKVISION EUROPE. Those release notes also reference my DS-7608NI-I2/8P. I'm not sure which directory you're linking to from the previous directory. I'd like to move to the English only version too but now I'm completely confused. TIA for your help.

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't mean to butt-in, but the 1st link has release notes for build 160926, yet the firmware is only for 161008. In other words, there is no release notes for 161008. This implies there is an error with the mix-matched release notes and firmware, and thus 161008 may not be for the I-Series.

I suggest you use the 2nd link which has the matching build and the release notes (160926), especially since the release notes state it for the DS-7608NI-I2/8P.

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That explains it. Alastair's second link is the same as mine and I'm currently on that build. Thanks for clearing that up. I would like to get an English only version someday...

Phillip Walker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The issue is still present on the latest firmware release on the website, though it improves the situation in regards to frequency. ML uses more memory than English only.

There is currently no definitive fix from Hikvision to resolve this, they still have some unreleased variants floating about internally with tweaks, several of which I was sent for testing, but they did not work for me, so I returned the unit and went for a 7716

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll get a week or so with "only" a reboot a day or so, then with nothing changed, the reboots increase to three or four an hour. The only thing I can find that fixes it for awhile is to "Reset all the parameters, except the IP parameters and user information, to the default settings" then load a known, working set of saved NVR parameters. Sometime this might help for a week, sometimes only a day.

Where could I find an English only version of firmware for this NVR that I can apply over the current ML V3.4.90 build 160926 that I currently have installed that still has the email fix? Email alerts are working for me now and I need to keep it working. TIA

Phillip Walker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi the version I was sent for testing from Hikvision was NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.90_161124

The download link they sent me has expired now, but it might be worth emailing support asking them if they could share this build with you, or newer if they have one.

Termin80r

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I have the same issue rebooting, using V3.4.90 build 160926

Has anyone made any progress with this as at the moment my NVR is rebooting every 10 minutes or so making it pretty much unusable

Thanks

Phillip Walker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

I have the same issue rebooting, using V3.4.90 build 160926

Has anyone made any progress with this as at the moment my NVR is rebooting every 10 minutes or so making it pretty much unusable

Thanks
Hi how many cameras do you have connected, and what bitrate etc?

Have you tried the following...

1. factory reset
2. refresh the same firmware again
3. factory reset

Doing that improved it for me on this version, and I could last up to 10 days without a reboot on 5 cameras, running 20fps, 12000 bitrate, 1080p

Termin80r

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for responding so quickly....

I will give your steps a try.... these hardware NVRs should be much more reliable than this though.

I only have 3 cameras on mine and the unit is capable of running 8 x 4k cameras so if it is a memory issue and its occurring with 3 cameras, it will probably crash every 5 seconds fully populated.

I have checked my settings and they were on 20fps, 16384 bitrate and 2688*1520

Ive dropped the 3 cameras down now to 20fps, 1288 bitrate and 1920*1080p

see if that makes a difference...

I hope HIKVision fix this issue quickly....

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi how many cameras do you have connected, and what bitrate etc?

Have you tried the following...

1. factory reset
2. refresh the same firmware again
3. factory reset

Doing that improved it for me on this version, and I could last up to 10 days without a reboot on 5 cameras, running 20fps, 12000 bitrate, 1080p
X 2 for me. I also reset the cameras. I'm on V3.4.90 build 160926 and was getting two or three reboots an hour and since the refreshes I've had only two or three in the last two weeks.

sserry

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I also had a lot of reboots (a couple per hour) on the DS-7608NI-I2. No change when upgrading to V3.4.90 build 160926.
However, when not using the internal POE interface and connecting the 5 camera's I have via another network poe device, the device no longer reboots.
I suggest you deliver power to the camera's which a DC adapter or POE device and put them on a switch for a while and see if it crashes ...

I'm not happy with this as my family has the older 7608NI-SE and this doesn't crash while these camera's use the internal POE.

Maybe this info should be transmitted to hikvision!!

Kind regards,
Stijn S.

Termin80r

n3wb
Reaction score
I agree this is unacceptable from a dedicated NVR.... it needs to be reliable and at the moment with the reboots its far from that.... interesting on the POE thing, although my cameras have always been on the internal POE and until firmware updates to the NVR it never crashed. So seems something with a previous firmware update caused this issue.

Sounds like people have raised this already with hikvision and got nowhere.

@Jack - i did look at other versions but specifically the v3.4.80 has a readme file included which states

'We don't recommend users to upgrade DS-7608NI-I2 and DS-7608NI-I2/8P to V3.4.80 due to RAM limit.'

This is with the firmware directly on hikvision portal.

Ive been trying to find out if its possible to get more detailed debug logging from the unit to see if can get an idea what is causing it to crash?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
'We don't recommend users to upgrade DS-7608NI-I2 and DS-7608NI-I2/8P to V3.4.80 due to RAM limit.'
This is because a RAM allocation problem emerged for the 7608NI-I2 product, causing out-of-memory (OOM) reboots.
To at least partially relieve the problem, the 3.4.82 firmware was issued specifically for the 7608NI-E2 NVR : HIKVISION EUROPE

Termin80r

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, just reverting back to v3.4.82 see if reboots get any better.

Is anyone aware of more detailed logging to see what is causing reboots?

Termin80r

n3wb
Reaction score
Early days, but its possible the 3.4.91 issue has now resolved reboot.

NVR doesnt seem to have rebooted today since firmware ugprade