Hikvision NVR 7808N-SH Display Problems

morphs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, hope someone can help with my dilemma.

I have a NVR that I have bought from China (8 channel version), pretty similar to this one in the link, along with 5 720p POE cameras and 1 1080p POE camera. (DS-2CD3112)

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Net-Video-Recoder-Hikvision-DS-7804N-SH-7808N-SH-4-Road-720P-Network-NVR-for-ONVIF/340521_1134367950.html

So my problem is that all of the basics seems to be working okay except being able to view the cameras through the Hikvision firmware on an attached monitor directly to the NVR. I can only access and view everything remotely through Hikvision iVMS software.

The attached monitor is working fine and to some extent so is the video output from the NVR, I know this because it displays the logo on start-up on the attached monitor BUT straight after displaying the start-up logo, it drops the video output! It baffles me why it displays the logo but then switches off the video output but still allows access via iVMS. Has anybody got any ideas?

Have tried everything I can think of so far including resetting to defaults via iVMS and taking out the CMOS battery.

Also, as a side point is it possible to get English software on the NVR? I can't flash any of the .dav files I've downloaded from the internet. Maybe I'm asking too much there, I actually though there would be an English language option!

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is sometimes caused by the NVR set to the wrong resolution. You need to set the resolution on the NVR to match so if your monitor is 1920x1080 you need to set the output resolution to that. Not sure if you can change the settings remotely, so you may have to either try using the vga connection or see of you can manipulate the resolution on your monitor itself.
When you order from ali you must specify english firmware. Maybe you can email the seller for the english firmware. Also, check with member @CBX who may be able to help with a reflash.

Last edited by a moderator:

morphs

n3wb
Reaction score
This is sometimes caused by the NVR set to the wrong resolution.
Yep that was the cause and fiddling with output through the VGA as you suggested fixed it. Thanks a lot you've made my day, have spent the last few days trying to figure this out.

Now hoping for some English firmware... Although HIKvision are saying there is no English version available for this model. Definitely a mistake of mine! I thought the firmware would generally be standard i.e. I could just flash another models firmware on this device such as another 8 CH model...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, No problem. Glad to help. Welcome to the forum.