Hikvision nvr and poe camera problem

Miky

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, i have a problem with my new hikvision nvr and poe camera. I can't see live view in the nvr and camera isn't recognized from nvr. Someone is so kind to help me?
camera poe model: hikvision DS-2CD3T10-I3
NVR model: DS-7108n s/n
Thanks a lot

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does the camera connect at all?
If not - what error is shown, and what settings have you tried?
I'm not familiar with that specific model.
Does the built-in switch operate on it's own network addresses or does it just operate as a switch on the LAN?
If it has it's own addresses, you'll need to match the camera IP address to the channel it's plugged in to.

•Up to 2 Megapixels resolution recording
Presumably that camera can't exceed the NVR resolution limitation?
If it's new - it may be a good idea to ask the seller for help.
But it's quite an uncommon camera, it might simply not be supported by the NVR.

revvr

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is PoE on the NVR turned on? I had an issue where PoE was turned off. I went into the NVR's software and turn it on. This can easily be seen by looking at the status lights in the back of the NVR. If they're off, PoE is off.

Miky

n3wb
Reaction score
when nvr arrive the i see the live in the nvr web setting. When i change the ip adresses of the camera i don't see nothing. I give 192.168.1.165 to camera. I have read that the problem is that nvr give ip as 192.168.254.2

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Your NVR has it's own network segment that is assigned to each POE port - When you connect an HIK camera to an HIK NVR you should just plug it in and go - there is no reason to adjust or change IP settings. You now have an NVR trying to assign an IP address in a particular IP range and a camera that has a static IP ourside that range.

Return the camera back to the original IP or set it's IP to match the range of the internal NIC/POE of the NVR

Miky

n3wb
Reaction score
but i can assign ip to nvr? Otherwise I can not get in web gui

Miky

n3wb
Reaction score
i have new problem now...i can't see nvr on my phone:((( ivms-4500 don't recognize nvr

Miky

n3wb
Reaction score
Can not anyone help me? hik-connect app see nvr on local dispsitive but when i try to add nvr to my account sayd offline

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
When inside your home on network use the NVR's direct address to connect to it in both IVMS and Mobile.

When outside your network use your DDNS info.

Miky

n3wb
Reaction score
yes but i can't use ddns because a i can't see nvr in my online devices on hik-connect account