Hikvision NVR and POE Ports

simcfc73

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I've bought a HIK DS7732NI-I4/16P(B) to replace an old analog CCTV system with a few new cameras. I should have gone for a dual lan model as I am not sure I can do what I want with it but here goes.

My current IP cameras are all over my site running on seperate POE switches all nicely. What I was hoping to do was to just plug these switches back into the POE ports at the back and keep the network separate but it doesn't like it. Its on the same subnet but they just wont start up. I didn't want all the traffic to run through the LAN port but it may have to unless I can solve this. I know I can just VLAN it but it just seeems a bit of a waste if I can't use the ports at the back.

I've seen a few suggestions where you can change the ports to non plug and play but thats not on my firmwarte of the box (I'm on the latest) I cant change the POE port dynamics by the look of it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I was hoping to do was to just plug these switches back into the POE ports at the back and keep the network separate but it doesn't like it
No - that would only support a single camera per port.
Each PoE channel / port is assigned a single IP address - take a look at the channel configuration.

I didn't want all the traffic to run through the LAN port but it may have to unless I can solve this.
What's the problem with doing this?
It's a gigabit interface, so even with a 10Mbps bitrate per camera it will handle many more than the number of channels in the NVR.

I've seen a few suggestions where you can change the ports to non plug and play but thats not on my firmwarte of the box (I'm on the latest)
Manual mode will be available on the per-channel configuration options.
Is this via the web GUI or the VGA/HDMI interface?

simcfc73

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply. when I thought about it the links to the ohter buildings would have multiple cameras on so a single IP makes sense why it wouldn't logically work.

I ended up Vlanning them out just for a bit of security and seperation from the rest of the network. It seems to work fine so I am happy.