HikVision NVR channels 1-16 & non-existent cameras

Reaction score
Good Morning,
I am setting-up a HikVision OEM DS-7732NI-16P NVR to replace a Longse NVR. Cameras are working on the old NVR. I removed the old NVR & defaulted the HikVison NVR. No cameras are showing as connected. When I plug the NVR into the Network, it populates channels 1-16 with non-existent cameras & assigns the "real" cameras to channels 17-32. I am not using the POE connections on the NVR, just the Network connection. I haven't figured-out how to delete the Channel 1-16 info. This is my first HikVision product, so I'm lost.
Thanks!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
First of all - do a device configuration export (Maintenance menus) so you have a fall-back position.
It sounds like your cameras are all on the LAN, not plugged in to the NVR PoE ports.
If so, as an experiment, note down the IP address of the camera in Channel 17 (presumably the first 'real' camera), and in Channel 1 select it and use 'Modify' to populate with the same info (protocol, port, ID/password), replacing the presumed 192.168.254.2 IP address with that of the 'real' camera.
Then check Live View and confirm channel 1 shows the same as channel 17.
If that works OK, repeat for the remainder.
Then you can delete camera 17-32
But not before you do all the other configuration items such as video settings, image settings, event settings etc etc on the new channels.
Then do another configuration export, suitably named.