Hikvision NVR DS-7108N-F1 ENG Firmware (request)

modrich

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi raimi, did you manage to find any English firmware for this?

I am in the same situation, I ordered a DS-7108N-SN/8P from ebay but have recieved a DS-7108N-F1/8P (I have been told this is the new model) with Chinese only firmware, I did specify English firmware so I have the option to send it back, but would prefer a fix if possible. I have used the batch config tool to access the menus in English but due to the language mismatch one of my Hikvision domes isn't recognised. So I really need the multilanguage or EN firmware which doen't appear to be available even on the Cinese websites.

Has anyone any suggestion? Your help would be much appreciated.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
So I really need the multilanguage or EN firmware which doen't appear to be available even on the Cinese websites.
It's not the firmware that determines the region of the NVR - it's the individual device 'hardware signature' that's written into it during manufacture.
For a non-China region NVR, you'd need to buy the DS-7108NI-F1/8P model. (I for International)

modrich

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alistair thanks for your reply. I was under the impression that modified firmware was available for 'N' versions of NVRs that meant EN or ML firmware could be installed. I did lots of research before perchasing including reading threads like this Quick review: Hikvision DS-7108N-SN about the DS-7108N-SN which I went ahead and ordered but recieved the new 'F' series. Is it a no hoper to find EN or ML firmware for the DS-7108N-F1/8P then? Or is it a waiting game for someone to release modified firmware?

Thanks again

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it a no hoper to find EN or ML firmware for the DS-7108N-F1/8P then?
This would have to be firmware that ignores the language / region of the NVR and provides EN/ML menus despite being a China region model.
In other words, 'hacked to English' firmware, of the type that some on-line sellers install, and say that the products cannot be upgraded.
I was under the impression that modified firmware was available for 'N' versions of NVRs that meant EN or ML firmware could be installed.
Available from where? Not from Hikvision.

modrich

n3wb
Reaction score
...wherever the 'online sellars' get their hacked software from, would be good to know as it looks like I will have to send this back. Luckily the return address is in Manchester.