Hikvision NVR DS-7604NXI-K1 can`t configure smd-event

Dominik21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a HikVision NVR DS-7604NXI-K1 (FW: V4.73.006 build 221108 [Edit: new FW: V4.75.005 build 230630]) with two default (not Hikvision) ONVIF-Cameras. I want to create a perimeter protection Event (e.g. region entrance detection). The VCA-mode is by NVR. I draw a region on the hole picture, activated the Event and set the arming schedule on full time. But no Event is triggered. Has anybody an idea why?
I tried to set the sensivity on 0, 50 and 100 and i tried to select and unselect humans.
1695413434612.png

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not really sure what you mean. Do you mean this?
Yes, that's the setting I was referring to.
That should work OK, though I confess I've not configured that and explored it for NVR-self-VCA events.
Maybe try the Auto setting and see if that captures any events.
Plus - check the NVR log to see what type of events if any have been triggered.

Dominik21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just tried Auto setting but it seems that the nvr recorded continuously. In the Alarminformation no Alarm appears

Dominik21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't find it anymore, but somewhere i read that motion detection is necessary for using perimeter protection. But the NVR can't handle motion detection the cameras have to do that. But the cameras aren't from Hikvision so that could be a problem. Anyway, I suspect that the problem is that the cameras aren't from hikvision.