Hikvision NVR DS-7608 E2 harddisk not connecting

jhc13

n3wb
Reaction score
I have Hikvision NVR DS-7608 NI E2 and it was working previously With 5nos hikvision IP camera. I had to turn off system for few weeks due to other works at home. In the mean time I connected a 500GB Seagate Internal Harddisk. Data and power cable connected for both harddisk. After turning on NVR, fan make normal noise and power light shows green. No other blue/red flushing light harddisk and the system do not make any beep while turning on. NVR picks up IP address and also PoE camera get powered up but sign of harddisk being working. Hik-connect portal/apps/ip address on safari shows NVR is offline. Monitor connected via VGA cable shows no signal.

i disconnected the additional harddisk and setup as previous. But no change to the errors. NVR doesn’t have any RS-232 post to connect to laptop to configure or check harddisk condition.

could someone help..

jhc13

n3wb
Reaction score
What does it do when no HDD is connected?
fan make noise as working. No beep or any sound when initialising the hard disk/system. No light in the front display showing the hard disk is ready or recording.
So I cannot say what the system is doing. I cannot access via web/app as it showing offline. I would appreciate if you can advice me how to check.