Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-E2/8P IS SO SLOW when loading image!!!

Midrar

n3wb
Reaction score
So I just purchased a new US Version NVR DS-7608NIE2/8P. When using the web browser interface and going through different menus, there is no delay and works fine. Whenever I am on a menu where it needs to load an image from a camera, such as setting up motion, intrusion, or line detection, there is such a lag. It takes a couple minutes to load and when it does, if you scroll up or down, it needs to refresh. It makes it impossible to establish smart detection on a live view. I am currently on the latest firmware 3.4.3.

Any thoughts?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's older firmware - some of the older webcomponents have given symptoms like that.
Check out the webcomponents version in your browser (add-ons menu for whatever browser it is)
Try this 3.0.6.8 version from the 3.4.91 firmware :

Attachments

Midrar

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I upgraded to the latest firmware but no change. I've even found an article where someone mentioned he restored everything to default settings and it got rid of the lag but that didn't work for me. Any other thoughts?

Midrar

n3wb
Reaction score
So still no change so I enabled virtual host. I connected directly to the camera and there is no lag when trying to set up any smart alerts when connecting directly to the camera. So the lag is certainly due to the NVR but its the only lag I have experienced so since their is another work around, I can live with it.