HikVision NVR Email alerts don't contain images

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently purchased 2 HikVision cameras & NVR along with them.
NVR model : DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P
Cameras : 2 x IR Fixed Dome Network camera

I setup email alerts so that I can get alerted when line is crossed or motion is detected within region drawn.

The email being sent from a gmail account that I setup specific for these alerts & it is being sent to my outlook account.

However I am having 2 issues:
  1. The email alert does not have any images attached, when I have selected "Attached Image" check box in the email settings.
  2. If I get a line crossing alert & check in the playback, it's usually a shadow of surrounding tree which moves because of wind. I tried to reduce the sensitivity of the motion detection, but it didn't help.

Can someone help?

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had this issue for about a week and then the images started to come through.. Sometimes I would just get an image holder in my email where the pictures should be. This was with sending through GMail too, but I cannot remember if I changed anything or it just started working.

What is the Firmware on the NVR, I know older FW had issues with GMail.

But I digress, do you cameras support Smart Events, i.e. line crossing and intrusion detection as using motion detection for these kind of alerts just doesn't work in the real world. Using LC or ID will stop most, not all, of the false positives. I know this from bitter experience.

Reaction score
I had this issue for about a week and then the images started to come through.. Sometimes I would just get an image holder in my email where the pictures should be. This was with sending through GMail too, but I cannot remember if I changed anything or it just started working.

What is the Firmware on the NVR, I know older FW had issues with GMail.

But I digress, do you cameras support Smart Events, i.e. line crossing and intrusion detection as using motion detection for these kind of alerts just doesn't work in the real world. Using LC or ID will stop most, not all, of the false positives. I know this from bitter experience.
The version details are:
Firmware version : V3.4.92 build 170228
Encoding version: V5.0 build 170215

Yes the cameras do support smart events & I agree with you about using LC getting rid of most of the false positives. I will stick to using LC for both cameras, but would really like it if the email alerts included images.

Do you think it's worth trying out other email providers than gmail?

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Your FW version should be fine with GMail for the Images. I can't remember what/if anything was done to resolve my issue outside of a FW upgrade.
If you have another provider to test with, just to prove there isn't anything wrong then it might be a good test.

Paul

Midrar

n3wb
Reaction score
Who is your service provider. For example, Verizon has 2 different text to emails someone can use. One is just texts and the can receive mms and tests.

Jeff979

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I've got the same problem with the same model systems (two of them). I've tried different email providers and changed settings such as the timing if the image, email to use SSL or not etc. I have even upgraded the firmware, today, not change.

Event emails are sent, Motion and/or Intrusion Detection, but they never contain an image.

System: DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P
Original Firmware: v3.4.93 build 170807
Also tried, without any change to behaviour: v3.4.95 Build 170626 and v3.4.96 Build 170921

Any advice you have on the solution, if you found one, would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Jeff.