Hikvision NVR ethernet light not working for one camera

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue.

I have a Hikvision NVR and 4 hikvison cameras, 3 are working perfectly. However, the 4 camera I can get the camera to work when I plug the camera into the network and access via the IP address. But when I plug the camera into the NVR, nothing happens. The NVR does not see the camera, the lights ethernet lights (green and yellow) on the back of the NVR does not display anything. I have tried other ethernet ports but the same thing happens.

I should mention when the camera is plugged int to the local network, SADP can see the camera.

Any advise would be welcome.

Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I should mention when the camera is plugged int to the local network, SADP can see the camera.
Presumably when powered using an external 12v PSU.
From what you've described, it sounds like either the PoE capability of the camera is broken, or maybe the ethernet cable of the camera is faulty.
Any chance there has been moisture ingression causing corrosion?
The pins taking the 48v of the PoE supply would be the first to suffer. Maybe take a good look at the connector under a magnifying glass.

Reaction score
I think the POE is working because when I plug the camera into the network I'm using a POE injector to power the camera. But I will try and use another Ethernet cable and see if that makes any difference.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
+1

Sounds like an ethernet cable. Is it a premade cable, or hand made?

Reaction score
Its a hand made cable. The cable was checked with a tester and all ok. I just don't understand why it works on the network with poe injector but not on the nvr.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you checked the camera management in the nvr for that camera ie when plugged in does it say connected or network unreachable or something else ?