Hikvision NVR event triggers advise please

gawker

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to setup line crossing and intrusion detection on the cameras and nvr to record on the nvr.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying to setup line crossing and intrusion detection on the cameras and nvr to record on the nvr.
Here is a sample configuration via the NVR web GUI for line crossing detection recording showing a recorded Line Crossing (and Motion) event in red, from a DS-2CD2332-I :
line_crossing_1.jpg

Attachments

gawker

n3wb
Reaction score
I believe I have the same setup. I have captured screenshots into a PDF. What I am missing to get it working to trigger and record on the NVR?

Attachments

gawker

n3wb
Reaction score
I followed setup in the attached bulletin.

Bulletin states:
  1. So far the only NVRs that have the capability to record VCA events are:
    •  DS-90xxHWI-ST (960H Hybrid)

•  DS-90XXHFI-ST (Real-Time Hybrid)

•  DS-96xxNI-ST (NVR)

•  DS-7716NI-SP/16 (16 channel Plug-n-Play NVR)

Is this accurate, Has anyone got it to work on DS7608NI-E2/8P as this is my NVR?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe I have the same setup.
What you have missed in the screenshots are the settings under the Storage | Record Schedule menu.
These determine the recording actions in response to the events that have been configured.
Check out the 'line_crossing_4.jpg' attachment in the post above.

*edit*
I followed setup in the attached bulletin.
That bulletin is from 2014 and is obsolete.
Things have moved on a lot in the NVR firmware since then - the 7600NI-Ex series can now record line crossing, intrusion detection and many other video analytics types.

gawker

n3wb
Reaction score
Working now. Somehow, I missed the record schedule for events on the NVR but was all set on each camera. Thank you Alastair!