Hikvision NVR firmware upgrade issues

CrazyFire

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and did some search and couldn't find any answers. I bought a hikvision NVR off ebay a year ago and it said upgradeable but now i am trying and it is saying no new firmware available, though online it has many new firmware available. I have a feeling that i bought the chinese version. It is the Hikvision NVR 7616NI-I2, Is there any way to upgrade the firmware? I am still sitting at V3.4.95 build 170626.

Firmware option is grayed out in Maintenance. I will really appreciate any guidance.

Thank you very much in advance.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
now i am trying and it is saying no new firmware available,
If that's the 'Update' button in the web GUI, I've never seen it say anything other than 'No update available' even when there is.

I have a feeling that i bought the chinese version
If that's the true model number - then it's the International version, not Chinese. Chinese would be DS-7616N-I2
Check the model number on the label, and also via the web GUI, System Information.

Firmware option is grayed out in Maintenance. I will really appreciate any guidance.
Probably because you are not using IE11 with the webcomponents plugin installed?
Another firmware update method is by using the Batch Configuration Tool :