Hikvision NVR - HDD Behavior on Full

Rob Bond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

Another newbie question. I have not be able to get a clear understanding of the Hikvision NVR behavior when the HDD(s) become full? Is there an option to allow overwriting of the oldest recordings?

I have been searching the DS-7600NI series user manual without any luck.

Thanks!

--Rob

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Rob,
There is an option for overwrite, and if you enable it the discs simply fill up and the oldest files provide the required space for new storage.
Example below (ignore the NAS drive - I only use it for copying data in and out, not recordings):
NVR_2.jpg NVR_3.jpg

Rob Bond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. I confirmed the Overwrite option seems to be the default with my NVR (and also on the camera for the microSD card installed in it)

Here is the NVR screenshot.

Reaction score
Hello Rob,
There is an option for overwrite, and if you enable it the discs simply fill up and the oldest files provide the required space for new storage.
Example below (ignore the NAS drive - I only use it for copying data in and out, not recordings):
View attachment 16959 View attachment 16960
Hi, did you get this working Rob?
Just noticed my hdds are both full, my nvr is set to overwrite but I'm not convinced it's doing this, I can't check if it is because when I go into my playback screen and try to view any recorded footage to check this I get a message stating "No Resource"

Any tips please?