Hikvision NVR; how to turn off a cam's stream parameters OSD

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi folks,

My system is gradually growing, based on a Hikvision 7608NI-I2 NVR. No major problems. I added a camera to the system over the weekend and for some reason when watching on the NVR itself, or via the PC iVMS-4200 software, there is an extra line overlaying the display, showing the stream format and bitrate. See here:
PC Pic.jpg

But if I watch that same stream on my (Android) phone with the iVMS-4500 app, the extra overlay is NOT THERE:

Android pic.jpg

I want to turn off that extra overlay in on the NVR (and PC software) but I'm not sure how to do it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Note, this is the only camera that shows the extra information overlay, and it's the only non-Hikvision camera on the system. It's a cheap one I'm using until I get a proper Hik turret for that location.

I have not yet logged onto the camera's settings page, since it autoconfigured when plugged into the NVR, and in any case the fact that my Android view doesn't have the overlay makes me think its something the NVR and PC software are choosing to put on, rather than something native to the stream. The NVR OSD menu for the camera doesn't seem to have an option to turn off for the stream parameters.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions... I'm about to pull my hair out.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have not yet logged onto the camera's settings page, since it autoconfigured when plugged into the NVR
Is there anything on the NVR web GUI for that channel under the Video/Audio | Display Info. on Stream tab ?

Without knowing what the model of the camera is, that is likely to be where you need to look to disable that overlay.
Presumably the camera web GUI is available via the NVR Virtual Host.
in any case the fact that my Android view doesn't have the overlay makes me think its something the NVR and PC software are choosing to put on, rather than something native to the stream.
There will be multiple streams in the video from the NVR, with the media player using whichever it's configured or designed to.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there anything on the NVR web GUI for that channel under the Video/Audio | Display Info. on Stream tab ?

Without knowing what the model of the camera is, that is likely to be where you need to look to disable that overlay.
Presumably the camera web GUI is available via the NVR Virtual Host.

There will be multiple streams in the video from the NVR, with the media player using whichever it's configured or designed to.
Thanks. When I get some time this weekend I will have to play with it. On the NVR and on the PC software I didn't see any way to take off the stream info ( no option for that in the OSD menu, unlike for date etc). But since the mobile app doesn't show the stream stuff I know it is possible. I'm not sure about differences in the streams... I'm still early in my learning curve so not yet fluent in those details.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
when you work it out can you let me know as i would like that info on the screen

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I will dig into it after returning from a trip. Thanks guys.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk