Hikvision NVR new firmware 3.2.1

Reaction score
Yes, I looked for those lines: setting 192.0.0.64 and tftp start. I cannot find them. I only found the lines where ethernet is set to the previous address I last gave it, and nothing about TFTP client start. I also made port scanning to find any open port during period in witch it responds to pings and I didn't find any open port! So i think there isn't any way to solve by ethernet. Don't you think there are also serial way to recover? Thanks

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try this TFTP

Make sure your pc is 192.0.0.128

Read the instructions re... Power off and power on the DVR/DVS/IPC

Last time I 'broke' my nvr, I had to power on / off about 6 times before I got a connection.

Good luck :)

Attachments

Reaction score
thanks DaveP. Yours is the same TFTP provided by alastairstevenson. And it give me the same results. I don't understand why this NVR doesn't open any port during startup. But I remember that I was able to upgrade to 3.2.1 and it worked well for some hours, allowing me to explore the new firmware and make lot of tests. It stopped working when I chose "cloud" mode instead of "normal" or "standard". Unfortunately I can't remember exactly where is this option in 3.2.1 because it rebooted and I didn't have much time to check. In 3.1.5 There isn't any "cloud mode" option and I cannot find anything about this "cloud mode" in internet. I make some sniff with wireshark and I find it only makes some "Adwin Config" during startup and anything else. Do you know anything about this "cloud mode"? Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah - some new info. But I have no idea what 'Cloud mode' does. It sounds like it's significant.
Here is a dumb question - as you have said the NVR gives ping responses to the normal configured IP address, the boot process must get quite far.
Have you connected a monitor to the HDMI / VGA output, and does it show anything?

Very strange that you can get a ping response from 192.0.0.64 during bootup but it doesn't connect to the TFTP server. As far as I know - the firmware update doesn't touch the bootloader.
I don't have a serial connection (yet) to my NVR - but in theory you should be able to interrupt the u-boot bootloader with Control-U and then have the opportunity to issue commands.
Yesterday I 'bricked' my new DS-2CD3332-I camera whilst messing around with the hardware definition configuration (mtdblock5 & 6) but when during bootup it accessed the TFTP server, the telnet facility was active and I was able to re-write the original versions of mtdblock5 and mtdblock6 that I'd taken a copy of before experimenting.
There should be some similar method for your NVR if you can gain control via the serial connection.

Reaction score
I have serial connection ad see boot info lines, but I don't know how to give commands, as it only accept a Usb mouse and not a keyboard. I tried by putty, buth nothing. When I'm able to ping 192.0.0.64 and also the IP address I previously gave it, I have a prompt by serial to give some commands and infact if I type "help" it responds with a table full of commands (but nothing helping I think). The problem is that this situation is very short: it reboots suddenly preventing any other operation. In VGA screen it shows the typical hikvision boot image, with icons informing that there aren't sata disks attached. After boot it gives black screen, it responds to pings and to serial commands for some seconds and it reboots!

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I received my NVR in the post today, that I purchased from one of the sellers on Aliexpress.

Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-E2/8P PoE it arrived with firmware 3.2.1 installed. I had some issues with it, My cameras are mostly International and the NIC on the NVR would not detect my cameras. Spent the best part of the day with no luck, I was resorted to having to use my POE Switch.

Seller sent me a message not long ago, mentioning that he had similar problems with a unit same as mine with the 3.2.1 firmware as I did and tried to find a solution. He told me he ignored the Wizard and went straight to the desktop of the NVR and than plugged a camera in and set the setting to Plug and Play and after a while the camera worked, I have not tried this thus far. Now that I have my NVR working with my POE Switch, I'm going to leave it alone.

But where I am having an issue now, Is how do I get the IVMS 4500 app to connect to my NVR away from the network. I can connect via WiFi but as soon I try to connect via 3G on my phone it will not work.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Forward the 8000 port (or what ever it is if you have changed it) on your router, and all will / should be ok :cool:

P.S if you are using a ddns service, then of course you will have to enter the correct details in the app, or if you don't have a ddns service then find your external ip address and use that.

Last edited by a moderator:

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, tried all that, port forward 8000, tried my ip address. Still the same, it will only connect if I use each cameras ip address added individually via wifi.

in regards to 3.2.1, what process did you all had to do to get the NVR to see the cameras plugged into the POE ports on NVR?

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
n regards to 3.2.1, what process did you all had to do
Nothing ... the nvr was already working ok on 3.0.10 so it was just a simple case of upgrading the new firmware.

Hi, tried all that, port forward 8000, tried my ip address. Still the same
Few things to check..

First is Open Port Check Tool

This will confirm your external ip address and allow you to check if 8000 is open.

Next is to make sure that in your router 8000 has been forwarded to your nvr lan address (and you really have have connected the nvr output to your router)

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, I have not noticed a mode selection, where would I find that? I can go take a look now.

I read something breifly on the cloud mode, no I dont get it.

Reaction score
On left menu, there is the "local" option, where I think you find the "cloud mode". I hope anyone can understand anything about this feature...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is your NVR still not booting properly?
Did you manage to gain control yet at the u-boot prompt using the RS232 connection?

Reaction score
yes alastairstevenson, mine still not booting properly. I get some control only after boot completed and only for some seconds before auto-reboot. I wonder if phillip da or anyone else with 3.2.1 on its nvr has any info about this "cloud mode" that stopped my nvr from booting correctly.

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I see it, but I have no idea what it is, when I first seen it, I thought it was some cloud based server.

I will take a look at the manual when I wake up in the morning.

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, Sorry I not been able to find such a feature on mine. All I can find with cloud on it, is some EXVIZ Cloud Server supplied by Hikvision

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
@solelunauno Is your 7616NI-SE still not recovered?
I have been experimenting with the serial console on a 7816N NVR, and flashing various versions of firmware, including the 3.2.1 version that you used from the link at the beginning of this thread.
I'm not sure that 78xx version is compatible with your 7616NI, and perhaps that is the cause of your booting problem.

I'm wondering if your 7616NI has a similar bootloader behaviour to my 7816, in which case you might be able to test out this method, which has worked OK for me.
First you will need to obtain firmware that's suitable for your model. If you don't have this already - I think this looks like the correct one:
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Recorder/DS-7600NI-SE 7600NI-V(VP)/V3.0.10 Build141125/#

Extract the digicap.dav and place it in the same folder as the Hikvision version of the TFTP tool that you have.
Start the TFTP tool.
If you are able to see the serial console information, presumably on a PC, then you should be able to issue commands with the keyboard. Press return, or just type something and see that there is a response.
Can you confirm this?
Immediately after power-on or reboot you should be able to interrupt the u-boot bootloader by typing Control-U on the keyboard.
You need to be quick - and type it lots of times. The bootdelay is just one second on my NVR.
On my NVR, the bootloader is operating in 'captive mode' which does not give access to a command shell, it just gives access to the firmware update dialogue.
if the prompts are the same - you supply the IP address that you'd normally use on the NVR, and the IP address of the PC on which the TFTP tool is running, and confirm.
At this point, the digicap.dav file will be transferred, and the firmware update will take place.
Then press ENTER to reboot.
After the firmware update, the NVR configuration will be reset to defaults, so you will need to find the NVR with SADP and change the IP address to what you want it to be.
And because the configuration was reset, any previous selections (maybe using the wrong firmware) will no longer exist.
Perhaps a bit of a long shot - but may be worth a try.
Good luck.

PS - If a language mismatch error occurs, you could change the language of the firmware with @wzhick really useful Hiktools program.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Very well @alastairstevenson, your method worked and now my 7616NI-SE boots correctly. I installed firmware 3.1.7 from here: http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Recorder/DS-76&77&86&85&95&96-ST -SP -XT-RT/ .
Do you think it's not the right firmware for mine? Previously it had the 3.1.3 provided by my supplier. As you can see, in the same page I found 3.2.1 that gave me the problem you know. But I would remember that 3.2.1 worked well untill I select that strange "cloud mode" to attempt to solve an important network issue I'm waiting to solve for a long time in hikvision recorder produtcts. Do yuo think I can retry with 3.2.1?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations, well done on getting it working again!

I think the firmware on the page you linked to is for a different series - the firmware file is more than twice as big as the usual size, and has a different extension (digicap.mav) so I'd have expected it to be ignored by the update process, which specifically looks for digicap.dav

It's up to you if you want to try again with 3.2.1 (from the link at the beginning of this thread?) - I would expect you would get the same result!
What's the
important network issue I'm waiting to solve for a long time in hikvision recorder produtcts
It seems that none of know what 'cloud mode' is. I'm also interested to know. The other mode (781xx or whatever it was, I don't recall) is a Chinese equivalent of ONVIF as far as I know.