Hikvision NVR not accessible in web browser

Reaction score
Hello All

I have a Hikvision NVR DS-7604NI-E1/4P with only 2 IP cameras connected. Everything is hard wired to my network and hard wired to my PC. It was always working great on my PC until I had to reinstall windows 10 a few weeks ago and reinstall all my software.

Now I cannot access the NVR through any web browser. it just keeps telling me the that IP address does not match but I know it is correct. I have the NVR on a static IP that never changes. I checked all my port forwarding in the modem and all correct. I have it working on the newer version of iVMS-4200 Client through Hik-Connect and working on my phone and my tablet. It is just my PC that is messed up on accessing via a browser. I also cannot get the cameras to synch in playback mode with iVMS-4200. Not sure if that is related - I doubt it.

Any ideas that might lead me in the right direction.. Been fighting with it for 3 weeks and no luck. TIA

Blenky

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
  • Does your PC have the same IP it had before the Win 10 re-install and is it also static?
  • Is the PC's LAN IP on the same network subnet as the NVR's LAN IP?
BTW, port forwarding is VERY dangerous and is not recommended, it puts your network in jeopardy....a VPN is strongly suggested.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Now I cannot access the NVR through any web browser.
Suggestion :
Use SADP to find the NVR, and check if the IP address matches what you believe the NVR static address to be.
Double-click the IP address shown in SADP and see if that gives an NVR login page.

Reaction score
Thanks TonyR for the reply. My NVR connects to my modem which is nnn.nnn.n.1 (gateway) and the NVR is nnn.nnn.n.2, (IP Address), the modem is static. My PC is not a static IP and has a different number. Thanks for the tip on the port forwarding I was following directions from a youtube video. I have iVMS 4200 working on my PC via the Hik cloud I just can't synch the cameras.

alastairstevenson - yes I use the SADP tool. That's how I know the IP's are correct. I double click the IP and it brings up the login screen and that is when I get IP's do not natch. Very weird. There is just something I am missing and I just can't quite put my finger on it.

Doe anyone have the camera sychronization working on the new iVMs 4200 software? Always worked on the old version.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My NVR connects to my modem which is nnn.nnn.n.1 (gateway) and the NVR is nnn.nnn.n.2, (IP Address).........My PC is not a static IP and has a different number.
First, those are LAN IP's, they're private and it's OK to publish those. My modem/router's LAN IP is 192.168.1.254. It's the WAN IP that is public (usually) that you should not post ( the IP you get when you go to whatismyip.com ...don't post that).

Back to my second question in post #2: So based on what you said and using your format your PC is NOT nnn.nnn.n.3 and is NOT on the same subnet as the NVR?
In other words, if the NVR's LAN IP is 192.168.1.XXX or 10.0.0.XXX, the PC's IP is NOT 192.168.1.YYY or 10.0.0.YYY ?

Reaction score
Here is what I am getting with SADP tool. my modem is 192.168.0.1 and my NVR 192.168.0.2. 2nd pic is what I get from my D-link router. Is one of those numbers what I should be setting for the Gateway in the NVR? When the technicians set up my system they set the gateway as my modem IP. My PC is 192.168.0.126.

What is the WAN IP you are referring to?

Thanks for your help it is much appreciated.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1. Go to Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router
EDIT: with no extra steps, this site clearly shows your WAN IP, I am not suggesting port forwarding!
2. Where it says in the blue box "Your IP"? That's your WAN IP address, do NOT publish that!
3. Re-post those 2 images as above but this time block out only that WAN IP that you just discovered and the MAC address, please leave all other IP's visible.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is what I am getting with SADP tool. my modem is 192.168.0.1 and my NVR 192.168.0.2.
Use SADP to change the NVR IPv4 gateway to 192.168.0.1
What you've put there is your router/modem internet gateway IP address.
That's definitely incorrect - but whether it's the cause of the unusual error remains to be seen.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, at what point do you get that message?

I am assuming that you have opened the browser of choice

Entered the IP that you have set for the NVR 192.168.0.2

This has then brought up the actual logon screen for the NVR

You enter the username and password

THEN you get the error message?

Reaction score
Silas - yes that is correct. You can see the error I get in one of the pics in my last set of attachments. I enter 192.168.0.2 then asks for user name and password so I enter admin and password which I know are correct. Then I get the error as shown.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, I would suggest you install the hikvision batch configuration tool and use that to browse the nvr, I have found (c) alastairstevenson that i can see what my browsers could not see.

From what you have replied, the issue appears to be with the NVR itself. not your network/modem/router/ports as you are hitting the internal web page on the unit after credentials have been accepted

Have you done any firmware updates on it?

Last night I tried all sorts on my nvr to replicate your issue, wrong gateway, wrong subnet mask etc etc but no joy as such.

You don't have something like lastpass or bitwarden installed as an extension?

Reaction score
Silas
You might be right about the firmware version. I had forgot that I had the unit replaced under warranty in January and then I went on a winter vacation for a few weeks and shortly after I came back is when I had trouble with Windows 10 and had to reinstall it. I have been blaming all the issues on Windows 10 and maybe the problem is in the NVR itself. My current firmware version is V3.4.96 Build 171128. What should the firmware be at? I assumed where it was new that the firmware would be up to date.

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine is V3.4.103 build 181226, BUT be aware that 'sometimes' they are country dependent, so check the portal that covers your continent, mine is Australia ")

Reaction score
Attached is the list of the latest firmware for North America. Any idea why the build numbers are different? So it looks like mine is up to date. Would it do ant good to back up one revision and see if the problem is in the update?

Attachments

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
NFI as to why they are/could be different, but in side note, I just dropped 2 of my cameras back 1 update to 'fix' the issue that they had with web browsers...

Whilst on the surface this things look simple. the truth is way deeper than that, as I am learning (yeah yeah Alistair I know it's a little slow) :) :) hence my tag line.........

Reaction score
Well I for one really appreciate all the help you guys have given me. :) Pay it forward is always my motto. And I am not ashamed to ask question as I am a total newb to these things.

I will try backing up one revision and see if the problem goes away.