Hikvision NVR not detecting Hikvision cameras

russ997

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I hope someone can help.

Last year I purchased 4 chinese Hikvision DS-2CD3332 cameras.

Initially I just attached them to my router via a poe switch.

I was so impressed with them that I decided to buy an NVR to go with them.
In addition I purchased another 4 x UK 2332 cameras and another NVR (7604) to put in another property.

The 4 new UK cameras and NVR were simplicity in itself and worked totally plug and play and have worked perfectly ever since.

The 4 original Chinese cameras would not plug and play and needed all the settings entering manually. I managed this in the end but there were other problems like I could not get this NVR to work with the Hikvsion app and one of the cameras could not be turned the right way round. Too many compatibility problems.

In the end because the other setup I had purchased worked so well, I have bitten the bullet and purchased 4 new UK 2342 cameras to go with the 7604 NVR.

I assumed like the last time around this would now be simple plug and play.

20 hours later and it clearly isnt.

So I read that the new cameras have to be activated by entering a password as they dont come with one.

I have done that.

I also read that my 7604 NVR should have the firmware updated to detect the camers, so I have updated this to V3.0.5build 140508

I have also restored it to default.

I have changed the NVR password so it is the same as the cameras.

I then connect the cameras to the NVR and the IR's light up to show that poe is all working OK but the NVR does not detect them.

I have tried everything I can think of in my limited experience and I just cannot get them to work.

If I plug the cameras into my switch and change the IP address to my network I can log directly into each camera, but as soon as I try to connect it to the NVR there is no sign of them.

I am obviously doing something daft but I cant work out what it is.

I dont have much hair, but what I have I have pulled out in frustration.

Can anybody help please?

Many thanks in anticipation.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
4 new UK 2342 cameras to go with the 7604 NVR.
These are the new model WDR cameras with the H.265 codec and need firmware of 3.3.4 (I think) or higher on the NVR.
so I have updated this to V3.0.5build 140508
That's a very old version - latest is 3.4.2
Do you have h.264 or h.265 enabled on the camera video settings?
There are actually quite a few posts on this topic.

russ997

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks for the reply.
Your advice has helped me progress a little further.
The firmware was obviously causing problems and I have no idea where I got that version from.
I thought it was Hikvision but who knows.
I have now installed 3.4.0 150929 on the NVR which was the newest I could find.
This forced me to put a stronger password for the NVR.
On the camera I have firmware version 5.3.6 151105.
Now I have plugged it into the NVR and it has detected it.
Still no image though.
I can get an image through IVMS 4200 by clicking on the modify camera under resources.
Is the 'stream key' the same as the camera password?
H264 is enabled but H264+ is not (although I have tried it with that enabled)
So thanks to you I am closer, but still not quite there.
Any more suggestions?
Many thanks.

russ997

n3wb
Reaction score
I am getting a message saying that the stream is encrypted and I need to set the encryption key.

Any thoughts?

russ997

n3wb
Reaction score
If anyone can advise further since updating the NVR to the latest firmware the NVR is now detecting the cameras and showing status as 'online'
But there is still no image.
I think it is something to do with the encrypted stream requiring a key or code but I dont know what to enter.
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks.

russ997

n3wb
Reaction score
I have another update if it helps.

I have realised that whilst I cannot get the NVR to display live video from the cameras.

The cameras are recording and I can playback recorded footage.

So it must be something to do with the live stream.

I feel so close yet still a long way off.

I would really appreciate a nudge in the right direction :)

kalba

n3wb
Reaction score
I am getting a message saying that the stream is encrypted and I need to set the encryption key.

Any thoughts?
Hi,

Had same issue with "stream is encrypted". I found that the NVR had somehow (probably my doing) registered with Hikvisions EZviz P2P service and turned on stream encryption. Using your NVR menu (not web) look under Configuration->Network->Platform Access and turn off "Enable Stream Encryption". This fixed my "stream is encrypted" issue.