Hikvision nvr not seeing Speco cameras

Tacomctaco

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm swapping an 8 port Spec nvr for a Hikvision 7616ni-i2/16p. Unfortunately the old Speco nvr is maxed (adding 2 new cameras which of course add in easy) so we're trying to get the original 8 Speco O2MD2W cameras going and it's not seeing them on the plug and play option. It picks up one of the Speco cameras for whatever reason, but doesn't get IPs for the other ones. I can't seem to grab the IP addresses for the cameras no matter which way I try it.

They fire right up when I plug them back into the old Speco, but the IPs on that don't do anything when I add them manually to the Hikvision.

I saw a post that you have to run another cable from the router to one of the 16 POE ports in order for you to be able to see the cameras. Seems odd and I'm not sure that's possible since the house was prewired (nvr on 2nd floor, router in basement). Has anyone experienced this issue?

Also, in the manual it says you have to assign IP addresses through their software called ONSIP installer, but it doesn't seem like it would matter if the Hikvision nvr isn't grabbing the IPs to begin with.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
it's not seeing them on the plug and play option.
That facility is only for Hikvision or compatible cameras, that talk the Hikvision 'command and control' language.
It picks up one of the Speco cameras for whatever reason, but doesn't get IPs for the other ones.
Your best bet will be if the Speco cameras support the ONVIF specifications.
If they do, then a suggestion to install them on the Hikvision NVR is to try the following :

In the NVR web GUI, under Camera Management', pick an NVR POE channel that you'd like to add a camera to.
Use 'Modify' to change the channel mode to Manual instead of Plug&Play.
Set the protocol to ONVIF.
Set the logonID and password.
Note down the IP address that the channel has been configured to use - it will be something like 192.168.254.x
Power up a Speco camera such that you can access it directly from the browser on the PC. You will know if you can do this on the LAN, or whether it must be done via the old NVR. One way or the other - you need to set the camera IP address to match the IP address that you noted for the Hikvision NVR channel. Set the camera default gateway to the NVR POE interface address, usually 192.168.254.1
Plug the Speco camera into the Hikvision NVR channel.
Wait 5-10 seconds and check Live View where you should see it connected.

Good luck!