hikvision nvr subnet problem

mrigor

n3wb
Reaction score
I have DS-7104n-sn/p with 3.0.13. my main problem is the cameras are preset to 192.168.254.* no matter what i change it to it will not work unless it is on the 254 subnet. I have tried changing ips on cameras, on NVR... setting static ip on camera and plug and play on NVR still will not work. Any suggestions?

I was reading online that the virtual host option in the NVR would solve this problem, BUT i do not have this feature in my NVR.

I am using android tablets as display screens, but the ivms by hikvision crashes after 4-5min. With the cameras being on a different subnet I cannot access them directly.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have DS-7104n-sn/p with 3.0.13. my main problem is the cameras are preset to 192.168.254.* no matter what i change it to it will not work unless it is on the 254 subnet. I have tried changing ips on cameras, on NVR... setting static ip on camera and plug and play on NVR still will not work. Any suggestions?

I was reading online that the virtual host option in the NVR would solve this problem, BUT i do not have this feature in my NVR.

I am using android tablets as display screens, but the ivms by hikvision crashes after 4-5min. With the cameras being on a different subnet I cannot access them directly.
There is nothing you can do other than using an external poe switch. Why dont you pull the stream from the NVR to the tablet.

mrigor

n3wb
Reaction score
How would you suggest I pull stream on the android without using the hikvision app? on top of the crashing the the stream is so slow, 20 sec delay unless i lower quality to VGA

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How would you suggest I pull stream on the android without using the hikvision app? on top of the crashing the the stream is so slow, 20 sec delay unless i lower quality to VGA
Are you trying to pull the main stream? try selecting fluent. An alternative to ivms4500 is tinycampro. You dont benefit from high resolution on a tiny table displaying muti cameras, substream is just fine.

mrigor

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 4 cameras installed. on my accessible subnet i can only add ip of the NVR on port 8000. i downloaded tinycam monitor pro, if that is what you are referring too. if i use the nvr ip, it does not find the 4 cameras

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 4 cameras installed. on my accessible subnet i can only add ip of the NVR on port 8000. i downloaded tinycam monitor pro, if that is what you are referring too. if i use the nvr ip, it does not find the 4 cameras
Only the hikvision app users port 8000...for the tiny cam try 554 or port 80 and it will work. Use the NVR ip. You can change the channel number in the advanced settings.

mrigor

n3wb
Reaction score
under port 80 it finds linux mjpg streamer. but it wont connect to feed. i tried to select hikvision as brand. it shows the camera model but video failed. any suggestions what i could be doing wrong?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
under port 80 it finds linux mjpg streamer. but it wont connect to feed. i tried to select hikvision as brand. it shows the camera model but video failed. any suggestions what i could be doing wrong?
you need to select the hikvision NVR not camera type. Use the NVR ip. try port the RTSP PORT should be 554 or 8554. If you dont use the right port it wont work.

mrigor

n3wb
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

mrigor

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you look at the list of "cameras" under hikvision..it lists the NVRS at the very bottom, that is the standard way all these apps work. Try the 7208..
My version does not list an NVR for hikvision but I used the NVR under sawnn and it worked. But now I know why the ivms was crashing. The cameras keep loosing connection, it is not stable. If looking at the screen, every few min each camera would go off then on in 5-20 sec. The router is located 4M away... I am not sure why this could be happening.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't use Wifi. What model camera? . What is the bitrate set to? Resolution?

mrigor

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't use Wifi. What model camera? . What is the bitrate set to? Resolution?
I do not have much of an option as it has only wifi (android tablet). in the NVR the settings
are: Video Type Video Stream Video&Audio
Resolution 1920*1080P
Bitrate Type Constant
Video Quality Medium
Frame Rate 25
Max. Bitrate 4096

hikvision 3mp dome cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I do not have much of an option as it has only wifi (android tablet). in the NVR the settings
are: Video Type Video Stream Video&Audio
Resolution 1920*1080P
Bitrate Type Constant
Video Quality Medium
Frame Rate 25
Max. Bitrate 4096

hikvision 3mp dome cameras.
Then you have an issue with the tablet or router. So the cameras are not loosing the connection. The tablet is. What model tablet and router?