Hikvision NVR Web Browser Playback Failure

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had a 7716 NVR and now a 9632 NVR and both have same issue. When I log into NVR from a PC connected behind the same router as the NVR I can do everything but get playback to work. Live view works perfectly. In playback menu, I select the camera and it shows the available days, but after hitting play I get "playback failure".

I know recordings are there since I can access through IVMS-4500 from IPhone/IPad and by using a directly connected monitor and mouse.

Tried with Internet Explorer and Firefox. I have permission since I am logging in as admin.

Any help would be appreciated.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
On the newer NVR firmware, such as 3.4.80 and later, this symptom can occur with an older version of webcomponents installed.
Did you get a prompt to install an updated webcomponents from the 9632?
Here is the 3.0.6.8 version if you want to try it and see if it makes any difference:

Attachments

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes i was prompted by the 9632 for web components and it loaded. I wasn't sure the version. I looked on the HIK website and their latest version is 3.05.26. Where did you get the version you posted?

Beyond that, how do I get the new version loaded? I looked around and didn't see any method of forcing a new web component to be loaded.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just found this old post from another forum-- HIKVISION playback fails - CCTV Forum. I too have AVG. Tonight I will disconnect the internet from my router, turn off AVG, then try playback. Hopefully It works so I can then figure out what to change in the AVG settings.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes i was prompted by the 9632 for web components and it loaded. I wasn't sure the version. I looked on the HIK website and their latest version is 3.05.26. Where did you get the version you posted?

Beyond that, how do I get the new version loaded? I looked around and didn't see any method of forcing a new web component to be loaded.
It's a Windows EXE file - the webcomponents installer.
Just close the browser and double-click the file in Windows Explorer.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was trying to use the web components from the Hikvision site but after unzipping there no executable file. So I did use alastairstevenson's file. No joy. I again disconnected the internet and turned off AVG completely. This turned on Windows Defender, so I turned that off also. Playback then worked. When I turned on Windows Defender it did not work. That was turned off. I then proceeded to turn on each component of AVG and playback worked until I turned on the Web Browsing Protection component consisting of Linkscanner and Online Shield. One or both being on prevented playback from working.

The fix was under Options -- Advanced Settings -- Exceptions under there select Add Exception and enter the NVR IP address. So now with AVG fully enabled playback works. Thanks Alastair Stevenson for the file and thanks to the ccvtforum discussion. Hope this helps others with this problem.

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done, and thanks for sharing, that may help others, as the cctvforum post helped you.
Just for info - the Windows webcomponents on the Hikvision sites is always well out of date - the file 3.0.6.8 posted is what comes with the 3.4.90 NVR firmware.