Hikvision NVR with HiLOOk cameras (issue)

Z-ster

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the midst of a saga that began with my father-in-law wanting a Hikvision camera added to an existing system to enhance the coverage in the front of the house.

I setup the system some time ago, which consists of a Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P, two Hikvision DS-2CD2345-I 4MP and a Hikvision bullet camera.

To cut a long story short I've donated my NVR DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P for which I do have the password. However, I'm not able to use the existing cameras since I don't have those passwords (plug and play).

I have since decided to purchase a couple of new cameras. Since my in-laws are pensioners and on a budget. I enquired about the compatibility of using HiLook IP Cams with the NVR DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P. I was told by the seller, who enquired with his supplier, that they should work and was advised to try plug and play then manual and also ensure the firmware was upgraded.

Here are the details.
Hikvision NVR
DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P 08 20170511 A A RR 761868085 WCVU
Firmware: V3.4.92 build 170228

HiLook IP Cam
IPC-T262H-MU20231205AAWRAX5813904
Firmware: V5.7.0 build 240306

The error message displayed in the NVR for the camera is "offline(parameter error)".
I've tried reducing the resolution, bitrate and refresh rate but this has not had any effect.
Are there any logs that can be accessed which would help me identify the cause of this error?

I'm unable to upgrade the firmware for the NVR, the button on the webapp does not work as it needs a plug in which is no longer supported on browsers. I've also tried updating the NVR firmware via iVMS-4200 but this also didn't work as the upload button that allows you select the firmware file does not do anything.
In any case I'm not convinced that updating the firmware would resolve the problem, but what do I know. My personal experience is telling me I'm just going to create more problems, like bricking the NVR.

I really don't want to purchase a new NVR for them as I'm trying to save them money.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, making changes between SADP via the local LAN and then physically moving the camera to the POE port on the NVR to test is painful. If there is a better way?

Thanks