HikVision NVR with only Ethernet input

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh wait, NO RESOURCE message error. And you are using 4K HDMI output, which probably means that when watching 2x2 they are using the main streams, not the sub streams.

What resolution and bitrates are your cameras? You are above the max decoding specs your NVR can do. Not sure if there is any setting to force the substreams when yoiu are doing 2x2 on 4K output.

(when you are using iVMS @ 7:09 you are watching the sub streams)
I had the same issue when running on a 1080p TV.

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whatever, your problem is resolutions/bitrates.
That problem IS solved!!! YOU were absolutely correct. I connected directly with the cameras using their IP address from my computer, and looked at the settings. It as plain as day. You said to look at the substream, and there it was, it was set to H.265 for a couple and one was set to Mjpeg. They were already set for 640*360, so no change needed there, so only changed all 4 camera substreams to H.264. As I changed each one that was missing on my TV screen, it popped up........

Awesome. Now I will make a new thread for another issue I need to solve.........

Thanks

Reaction score
That problem IS solved!!! YOU were absolutely correct. I connected directly with the cameras using their IP address from my computer, and looked at the settings. It as plain as day. You said to look at the substream, and there it was, it was set to H.265 for a couple and one was set to Mjpeg. They were already set for 640*360, so no change needed there, so only changed all 4 camera substreams to H.264. As I changed each one that was missing on my TV screen, it popped up........

Awesome. Now I will make a new thread for another issue I need to solve.........

Thanks
Just as a footnote to this conversation,these NVR's can only support 2 cameras at a time running at 4k resolutions.2018-06-07_221321.jpg

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for that info, Tommy...... I think I found that info the hard way.. Got the TV to show all 4 cams, then I could only get 2 cams to show on my phone........ grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. Ended up setting two cams to 1080p, as you just showed, now it makes sense...........

Just wish I was smart enough to read the manual or specs........

Reaction score
When the event hint pops up just ignore it and select "exit",the "do you want to shut down" message may be caused by your TV remote control interfering with the NVR, i found that happened to me with my previous TV remote,since i changed TV's and remotes it stopped happening.
Turn the TV off/on at the power button when you go to bed at night and get up in the morning.
If possible move the NVR to the side out of direct line of sight of the TV remote,if this is not possible you may have to put up with the TV remote trying to switch the NVR off. I used to put my hand in front of the NVR when switching the TV off or changing inputs.
You can disable the unlock pattern in the configuration menu, select "user" then select "edit" enable/disable unlock pattern

Last edited:

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When the event hint pops up just ignore it and select "exit",the "do you want to shut down" message may be caused by your TV remote control interfering with the NVR, i found that happened to me with my previous TV remote,since i changed TV's and remotes it stopped happening.
Turn the TV off/on at the power button when you go to bed at night and get up in the morning.
If possible move the NVR to the side out of direct line of sight of the TV remote,if this is not possible you may have to put up with the TV remote trying to switch the NVR off. I used to put my hand in front of the NVR when switching the TV off or changing inputs.
You can disable the unlock pattern in the configuration menu, select "user" then select "edit" enable/disable unlock pattern
Thanks for all that information.....