Hikvision NVR

itservice

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How can I change the internal NIC IPv4 address on a Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16. I try in the NVR
And also SADP Tool in the SADP Tool it go's back to 192.168.254.1 and I've disable DHCP.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Normally you'd plug the POE Cameras directly into the NVR ports and either they would auto connect or you would have had to set the IP in the camera previously?

What are you trying to set it to and what's the reason behind it?

Just checking, what's the LAN IP set to?

itservice

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Normally you'd plug the POE Cameras directly into the NVR ports and either they would auto connect or you would have had to set the IP in the camera previously?

What are you trying to set it to and what's the reason behind it?

Just checking, what's the LAN IP set to?
trying to change the internal NIC IPv4 address of the NVR not the Camera the IP address is set to 192.168.254.1 I want to change it to 192.168.1.200

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I understood that, I just wanted to check you were not trying to set the Internal NIC subnet to the same as the LAN one. I'm pretty sure that would not work.

Many Thanks,

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to change it to 192.168.1.200
You can change either of the NIC IP adddresses via the VGA/HDMI interface, but only the LAN interface via the web GUI.
But if you change the internal (PoE) interface as you've described, and it's on the same segment as the LAN interface, you will break the networking in the NVR.
Try it and see.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
trying to change the internal NIC IPv4 address of the NVR not the Camera the IP address is set to 192.168.254.1 I want to change it to 192.168.1.200
What are you trying to do?!?! You don't want to put it on the same group/subnet as the rest of your network? I understand you "want" to do this, but what is the "reason" or what task are you trying to accomplish?!

If you are trying to do this to access the cams directly via IP address then just turn on Virtural Host in the NVR and access them that way without screwing with your IP settings.