Hikvision OEM NVR setup for ONVIF motion events?

pcm2a

n3wb
Reaction score
I have some SV3C ip cameras that have really good human motion detection. SV3C tells me that they support the standard ONVIF Profile S for sending motion events to an NVR. I also have a Hikvision OEM (no logo) NVR which works just fine for continuous recording from the cameras. What I am now trying to figure out, is how can I tell the NVR to record when it gets the ONVIF motion event? Any instructions using the real or OEM interface would work fine, it can be using the web client, the TV client or iVMS-4200.

I have tried under Event->Basic Event turning on Motion Detection but that is having the NVR decide when to record the event. When I do this it triggers for a lot of false positives. When I check what the camera recorded for events there were no false events.

I'm probably just missing something super simple to get these motion events to trigger recordings. Thanks for any tips!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried under Event->Basic Event turning on Motion Detection but that is having the NVR decide when to record the event.
Isn't this just telling the NVR what action to take (usually recording) when it receives a motion event?

When I do this it triggers for a lot of false positives. When I check what the camera recorded for events there were no false events.
One way to determine if the NVR is simply responding to event notifications from the camera is to correlate / cross-check with the camera events as seen by the Events page in ONVIF Device Manager.
If they match up - despite what the camera recorded events shows (recorded to where - local to the camera?) then it will confirm that the NVR is simply responding to notifications that it receives.

pcm2a

n3wb
Reaction score
I have never gotten ONVIF Device Manager to work right. I'll create a separate thread on that and we can go from there. Sounds like a good first step would be seeing the events in that app.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
All ODM needs is to be on the same LAN IP address range as the camera, and to be given the needed logon credentials in the top left of its window.

pcm2a

n3wb
Reaction score
That's what the several tutorial videos I watch on it show. However, my SV3C cameras don't show a live view. My Hikvision OEM cameras also don't show a live view. Both work great through the NVR and in android ONVIF apps like TinyCam.