HikVision or dahua for a retail store

Sal

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I work in a retail store and the owner of the company informed to install IP cameras I went to the market in " Kuwait " and I found 2 shops one selling Hikvision and the other selling dahua

I will install around 8 Cameras in the store ( all in door )

Dahua shop told me it will cost me roughly around 650 KWD ( around 2.1K USD )
HikVision informed me roughly around 450 KWD ( 1.5K USD )

I don't have the Dahua model number but he informed he would install at the cashier a 2.4MP and the rest would be 2MP ( all full hd cameras ) with the DVR that supports only one mic, and a 2x6TB Hard Drives.

As for HikVision he informed that he would install for me for at the cashier area a HikVision DS-2CE56DIT-(A)VFIR and the rest of the shop will have the HikVision DS-2CE56D0T-IRM ( IRP ) with the DVR that supports 4 Mics and a 1x8TB Hard Drive.

Those are big numbers for installing cameras...( maybe because I am in Kuwait or is that a normal price? )

As for the Employees the Dahua Employee seemed well informed and professional ( felt like he knows what he is doing ), and the HIKVision Employee I felt him a bit lost when I kept talking to him and asking him questions ( maybe that's because of a language gap between us ), BUT I want your help guys on which one to take.

Basically both will be on continues recording from 9AM to 10:30PM then it will be switched on sensor mode for recording when the shop is closed.

Help me make a decision

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Go with Hikvision personally. They work phenomenally well in your sort of application. If you need any prices or quotes I can supply it from the UK.

Regards

Sal

n3wb
Reaction score
Go with Hikvision personally. They work phenomenally well in your sort of application. If you need any prices or quotes I can supply it from the UK.

Regards
You are HIKvision supplier so pretty sure you would choose the product you sell XD but I am still looking into the Hikvision since it's cheaper and provides what duha provides in a cheaper price.

Doesnt sound overpriced for doing it right to me..

Here's some good materials on retail solutions by Dahua
Retail - Dahua Technology
Thank you will looking into it <3

appreciate more comments to help me decide

Jamil

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are HIKvision supplier so pretty sure you would choose the product you sell XD but I am still looking into the Hikvision since it's cheaper and provides what duha provides in a cheaper price.

Thank you will looking into it <3

appreciate more comments to help me decide
Totally agree I have had the option to sell Dahua products however I just found Hikvision (personally) a better solution.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Totally agree I have had the option to sell Dahua products however I just found Hikvision (personally) a better solution.
Hello,

I work in a retail store and the owner of the company informed to install IP cameras I went to the market in " Kuwait " and I found 2 shops one selling Hikvision and the other selling dahua

I don't have the Dahua model number but he informed he would install at the cashier a 2.4MP and the rest would be 2MP ( all full hd cameras ) with the DVR that supports only one mic, and a 2x6TB Hard Drives.

As for HikVision he informed that he would install for me for at the cashier area a HikVision DS-2CE56DIT-(A)VFIR and the rest of the shop will have the HikVision DS-2CE56D0T-IRM ( IRP ) with the DVR that supports 4 Mics and a 1x8TB Hard Drive.

Those are big numbers for installing cameras...( maybe because I am in Kuwait or is that a normal price? )

As for the Employees the Dahua Employee seemed well informed and professional ( felt like he knows what he is doing ), and the HIKVision Employee I felt him a bit lost when I kept talking to him and asking him questions ( maybe that's because of a language gap between us ), BUT I want your help guys on which one to take.

Basically both will be on continues recording from 9AM to 10:30PM then it will be switched on sensor mode for recording when the shop is closed.

Help me make a decision
Those hikvision cameras are not ip cameras....

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Based on the description, I dont think the Dahua's he's talking about are either. I think both quoted him HD TVI(HIK) and CVI(Dahua) cameras and DVR.

Of course many know I'm pleased with my own CVI system, and for those who either dont have the IP networking knowledge or want the added complexity of IP networking, both companies make reliable and damn near as good image quality HD cameras...There is something to be said for the reliability and simplicity of HD

nzipcamera

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Hikvision solution is using analogue cameras. Can you provide model numbers of the Dahur solution?

The solution presented will be outdated before it is installed.

I would be looking at a IP based solution. Either Dahur or Hikvision.

Hikvision online supplier http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/3vbyZZn
Dahur online supplier: http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/mIiIYVf

The latest Hikvision 4K IP cameras are really nice.

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I'd be inclined to go with Dahua since it sounds like that guy was better.
But I'd ask them both for a demonstration of what they want to sell you, and see what you think after the demo.
If you are worried about break ins at night, then ask to see how the cameras look at night.

Randy

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I second trying to get a demonstration, and try to look at it specifically how you think you'll be using the system. If you want to look at event-trigger footage, see how easy it is to find and play back the video at the trigger points. If you have PTZ cameras, how easy is to it control them? Is the quality of the image better on one than the other? Nighttime image quality can be very different from daytime quality. I started with one brand and eventually switched to the other after finding out the hard way that specs and feature lists are no substitute for actually using the stuff.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello,

Help me make a decision
I will throw my 2 cents in here, If you need Good local support..go with the guy who knows his shit, it would be well worth the extra few $$$ to have that available to you. Time is money in my world. If you like to tinker and save a few $$$ than go with the Hik"s. I prefer Dauha stuff and pretty much use them for 80% of my installs . If you have read through IP Camtalk you will find its weighted towards Dahua and for good reason. They are pretty much spanking the competition with quality hardware and price. The HD over coax stuff is nothing short of amazing for the price and quality of picture you get and it seems to me less issues than IP stuff. I use them from time to time for upgrades on in place coax. Good luck on your install.