Hikvision password help

lilhalls

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a Hikvision DS-2CD20442WD-1 with firmware of V5.4.0_160511. I am getting stuck on the password for some reason. In the IVMS 4200 I created an admin user but when I type in the IP address on the browser the hikvision software shows up but I cant log in. I tried reaching out to the company but because I bought it through Amazon they wont help. I tried the password reset utility on line and still no luck. I am ready to return it but want to see if anyone can help me?

Thank you,

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If the browser login didn't force you to create a strong password (the first-time 'activation' process) then someone has already set a password on the camera.
Maybe the seller did this if they tested it before shipping.
It may be worth contacting them.
The old defaults of 12345 and 123456789abc are unlikely to be useful, but there have been posts where sellers have used 123456789a
Presumably you've tried the password you used with the iVMS4200 admin user?

lilhalls

n3wb
Reaction score
If the browser login didn't force you to create a strong password (the first-time 'activation' process) then someone has already set a password on the camera.
Maybe the seller did this if they tested it before shipping.
It may be worth contacting them.
The old defaults of 12345 and 123456789abc are unlikely to be useful, but there have been posts where sellers have used 123456789a
Presumably you've tried the password you used with the iVMS4200 admin user?

I tried going to hikvsion but because i bought it through amazon they dont offer support. I spoke to amazon and all they say is return it for a refund.
I tried the default passwords and the one I set up in the ivm4200. what a pain this has been.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does this camera have the reset button on the back of the case?
If so, power off the camera, hold the reset button, power on the camera, keeping the reset button pressed for 30 secs.
If this was possible, the camera will be reset to factory defaults, requiring 'Activation' (and a change from the default IP address) which is easily done with SADP V3.x
http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Tools_82.html

vasycara

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you showing that you've hacked the password reset mechanism for IPC firmware 5.4.0 ?

Louiseliu007 is from Shenzhen, China, so maybe it can hacked reset the password mechanism for IPC firmware 5.4.0 !!

Reaction score
Louiseliu007 is from Shenzhen, China, so maybe it can hacked reset the password mechanism for IPC firmware 5.4.0 !!
I'm not hackers,
I just found the solution of forgot password,because my clients often forget the password .
Now,I just want to help everyone of us.
NOTE: I never tried to attack the camera, I don't have the ability to hack