Hikvision POE NVR Replacement

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 Hikvision IP cameras and a Hikvision DS-7604 SE NVR. Both the cameras and nvr are 4 years old. Figure it's time to upgrade since I haven't seen any firmware updates for the NVR since 2014 unless I'm looking in the wrong place. Not having the ability to have pictures sent thorough gmail now isn't acceptable.I have tried the work arounds,but nothing works.

Anybody have any suggestions on a POE NVR that I can get to replace the Hikvision?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you've got a PC that's on all the time you really should be able to setup a local SMTP relay to do the job.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got any suggestions on a SFF/Mini setup and poe switch?
Not to concerned about a hard drive or ram since I have some lying around that will probably work from previous builds.

I'm only running (2) DS-2CD2332 3MP cameras at the moment. I may or may not add (2) more in the future.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Got any suggestions on a SFF/Mini setup and poe switch?
Not to concerned about a hard drive or ram since I have some lying around that will probably work from previous builds.

I'm only running (2) DS-2CD2332 3MP cameras at the moment. I may or may not add (2) more in the future.
You want a small form factor that can hold a 3.5 drive...the hp SFF can hold a 2.5 ssd and a 3.5 drive..not the mini or the ultra slim which only house a single 2.5...not the link i posted earlier was changed from sff to the mini...you can pickup a 45 dollar tp link poe switch on amazon.