Hikvision Product Comparison

Ondrej2005

n3wb
Reaction score
Actual model (C) are using big 1/1.2" image sensor.
Check is the same with old variant in spec sheet?
it can be smaller one (1/1.8"), which give worse night performance..
Hello Steve,
Thank you. Currently I can't decide between these two cameras:
DS-2CD2T87G2-LSU/SL - older model = 1/1,2" cmos - only 2x LED light

DS-2CD2T87G2H-LISU/SL - newlest model = 1/1,8" cmos and 2x IR and 2x LED light

I have 2x LED halogen lights around the house on each wall 2x 50W LED. So I think it's better to go for an older version with a better, bigger sensor without IR illumination.

Or am I mistaken?

The newer one with IR and 1/1.8" sensor is $15 cheaper on eBay

I wanted a 2.8" optic, but since I have small distances around the house, I got the 4mm optic version.

An acquaintance told me to buy a camera with a 180-degree angle for each wall ( DS-2CD2387G2P-LSU/SL ). But they are only 2x 4mpx sensors and I think the image quality will be nothing much. , but again only 3 cameras would be enough. Instead of 6.

I have only physically tested the 4mp cameras and the 8mp cameras. Not this 180 degree. Should I try to borrow it somewhere?

I also tried simulation via: IP Video System Design Tool 2024

What would you recommend?
Thank you very much for your willingness.

Reaction score
If there is enough light - then you will not use any LEDs and work in full color.
White light in cams are gimmicks - they don't have enough power, they overexpose people faces and also generates questions from neighbors about camera and what are they recording...

The best quality / value cameras on market now are the 4Mpx one on 1/1.8" sensor..
They give the best day & night quality, are most universal and don't have any big problems...

8mpx at 1/1.8" are too small sensor size (too small pixels) to work good at night..
Here a nice thread where someone are comparing 4 vs 8 mpx on 1/1.8" sensor at night:

8mpx 1/1.2" cams can generate very nice picture at night.. but those big sensors create problem with shadow depth of field aka Bokeh effect (Bokeh – Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia). Both HIK/Dahua are trying to use digital sharpening a lot to hide that problem - but this create a lot of problems with digital noise & video compression, which can't handle that amount of digitally enhanced details...

3-4 years ago when first 8mpx 1/1.2" cams shown on market they very big hit, but now everyone knows long list of problem with them and they are not so popular..

Long thread about 8mpx 1/1.2" in Dahua version - but all problems are the same also in HIK version.