Hikvision PTZ DS-2DF9C435IHS-DLW DarkfighterX

boomer53a

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the Hikvision DarkfighterX PTZ model DS-2DF9C435IHS-DLW. I'm attempting to clarify what the purpose of highlighted LED's in the screen shot below are for? They're similar in appearance to the LED's on a Hikvision ColorVu cam that I have, which give off 'white visible light'.

1616305536065.png

I've not been able to activate them. I have tried setting the PTZ up in the relevant VCA modes in addition to the 'Smart Event' mode that I typically run the PTZ in (e.g. Face Capture, Road Traffic etc.) thinking that they might be used with one of the these modes to enhance Event capture. To date however I've not been able to determine how they activate.

1616305644245.png

The PTZ supplier isn't sure how to active and I can't find specific mention of them in the documentation. I've raised a support query with Hikvision and just waiting on them to come back (however they're not the most responsive :) ).

Any ideas?

Ta very much.

Cheers,

Tom

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm attempting to clarify what the purpose of highlighted LED's in the screen shot below are for?
The product info suggests these are IR LEDs with up to 500m range.
Commonly with a PTZ, there are multiple IR LEDs with different beam widths that activate seperately at different zoom levels.
Can you see the usual IR glow in the dark or with the light sensor covered?

boomer53a

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks so much for replying... The IR LED's on the PTZ appear in the following pattern when at different rates of zoom...

1616332249997.png

When PTZ is at the lowest zoom rate, the 3 x lower smaller LED's are on. As the zoom rate is increased the 3 x lower smaller LED's increase in intensity and then eventually switch off (presumably these provide a 'flood' light type effort???). The 3 x larger (virtical) LED's then activate. Initially at a lower intensity and get 'brighter' as the rate of zoom increases. These a very bright and can been seen on the PTZ from 60m to 70m away. The larger LED's provide more of a 'spot' light effect. It certainly looks light a spot light when viewing the IR through my fixed cameras that are in IR mode at night. Screen shot from one of my DS-2CD2385FWD-I fixed cams of the PTZ IR when zooming in and the 3 x larger LED's activate.

1616333227686.png

However, those 2 x yellow clear LED's never activate. As mentioned they look very similar to the LED's on my ColorVU fixed 4mm cameras. They emit white light that can been seen with the eye at night (I guess similar to a LED torch). I'm assuming they're LED's on the PTZ as you can see what looks to be the yellow SMD through the clear lens?

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Tom

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, that makes sense.
The IR LEDs were not obvious in the initial image.
And I did wonder about 16w being associated with the 2 LEDs at the bottom, it seemed a bit of a stretch for just the 2 of them.