Hikvision PTZ patrol and Intrusion Detection

perla

n3wb
Reaction score
I am currently considering of buying a Hikvision DS-2DF8223I-AEL PTZ camera.
I would like to protect my backyard with it, however, the maximum 60 degree angle of view may not be enough to cover both of the entrances. If anyone has experinces with these Smart PTZ cameras: Do they support Intrusion Detection with enabled Patrol mode (periodically moving to different presets)?
I know from another thread that event detection is not active during any PTZ movement, so a constant scanning pattern won't be effective.

Can it be a working solution to secure both of the gates by setting the camera in the following way:
1. Pan to the first gate.
2. Wait 10-20 seconds to check if there is any movement. (If so, smart tracking can take over control.)
3. Pan to the second gate.
4. Wait 10-20 seconds to check if there is any movement. (If so, smart tracking can take over control.)
5. Repeate this patrol scheme.

Thanks for any help or advice in advance.
Peter

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Buy two fixed camera or two cheaper hivision/dahua ptz...whats the point of having coverage 50 percent of the time. Forget about accurate smart tracking...

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Buy two fixed camera or two cheaper hivision/dahua ptz...whats the point of having coverage 50 percent of the time. Forget about accurate smart tracking...
This. Better to have coverage 100% of the time with better lenses they only 50% of the time. With the money you'd save you could consider two cameras with great lenses and possibly adding additional IR lighting.

Nayr has posted good videos and a review on this one.
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/9163-Dahua-Mini-Black-Face-PTZ-(SD29204S-GN)

perla

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the advices. I will probably go for fixed camera solutions.
However, I'm still curious if these PTZ camera are capable of such an operation?

Is it possible to select two different Intrusion Detection areas out of angle of view just like privacy masks?

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's an old post but maybe somebody have a solution.

Your question about patrol and intrusion. For me it doesn't work.
As soon as I turn the patrol OFF it starts detecting.