Hikvision recording to a network hardrive

anotherep

n3wb
Reaction score
Pardon my naivete, I'm pretty new to most of this stuff.

I am trying to record triggered video from my Hikvision DS-2CD2412F-I(W) to a network drive connected to my router. I think I've actually made some decent progress and my current problem is that the setup has populated the network drive with many empty .mp4 files which then immediately go up to 256mb once any video information is added to them. This wouldn't be a problem, except the setup doesn't seem to fill up the entire 256mb with video before moving on to the next empty file. This leaves me with a lot of 256mb files that don't contain a full 256mb of video data, wasting a lot of space. Any idea what is going on here?

Here is my set up. I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2412F-I(W) wired to a Asus RT-N66U router. This router also has a hard drive connected via USB which is setup via AiCloud. This gives the usb drive an ftp address which I can enter as the server address under the NAS panel of the Hikvision webclient's storage configuration. After doing this, the drive show's up under the Hikvision webclient's storage management configuration panel, where I was able to format it. Formatting it is what populated the drive with the empty .mp4 files, which video is then added to, automatically bringing the size up to 256mb, regardless of how much video information is in the file.

I've attached some images in case they help.

Thanks!

Attachments