Hikvision region code changer

Status
Not open for further replies.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can easily transfer files, but I'm afraid to tell you how because you are going to f-up your camera. They put in checksums on the davinci file in 5.2, so if you edit it, put it back it's going to brick your camera. You're best bet is to find a 5.1.0 firmware (U.S. or China, doesn't matter) and load that using TFTP method. Or it's just for occasional use (I rarely watch my cameras from the camera's web interface), then use Chrome and right click and translate to English.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, that is good to know about the checksums. It seems that HIkvision has laid out a lot of traps, and turned very nastily anti-end user. In theory, if one calculates a checksum (md5, sha1 or whatever they are using) on the modified davinci file and replaces the checksum file (that holds the checksum for the davinci file)on the camera with the newly calculated checksum, all should be good. Would require a lot of testing etc.

I am still curious how one can transfer a file onto the camera when ther is no ftp, scp, rcp, etc. Please tell me how to do this.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, would require a lot of experimenting. It's easy to copy files in/out of the camera, just define a share on Windows, then go into Storage and set a CIFS mount to your PC's IP address, username, password, share name and save it (don't format it). Then you'll have that share available in Linux as /mnt/nfs00. So you can use copy, move from Windows or from Linux.

Reaction score
Thanks for your further reply.

Hmmm... I am still missing something.

Note, all machines/devices on same network. I shared a folder on a windows box, /Users/michael/fshare. On my Linux box, I can mount that share with the command:
mount.cifs -o user=michael //192.168.1.xxx/Users/michael/fshare /home/michael/Desktop/ws
which then asks for the password of michael on the Windows box.
The same command executed in a telnet session on the camera (using /mnt/nfs00 as the directory to mount on) fails with "-sh: mount.cifs: not found
The command executed with just mount (not mount.cifs) fails with "Permission denied" I have all permissions set as loosly as possible.

You also mentioned going through the camera web interface, going into Storage. I see four tabs, I select the one marked "NAS". Yes, oddly enough, this one is in English. I enter,in slot number 1, the IP address, the path, the user name, the password, same as the command line that was successful on my Linux box. I click the button to the right of the password box, which I think is "Test Connection". I get a dialog box with an error message that Google Translate renders as "NAS srver fails to mount a directory, the directory is invalid, the user name or password is incorrect."

Any further feedback will be appreciated. You will probably tell me something I should not have overlooked then I will face-palm.

Thanks.

Reaction score
BTW, busybox has been greatly stripped down, this is all that is left:

[, [[, ash, awk, bash, cat, chmod, cp, date, dd, df, dmesg, du, echo,
env, false, fdisk, free, fsync, gunzip, gzip, halt, hwclock, ifconfig,
inetd, init, insmod, iostat, kill, linuxrc, ln, login, ls, lsmod,
lzcat, lzma, mdev, mkdir, mkdosfs, mkfs.vfat, mknod, modprobe, mount,
mpstat, mv, nanddump, nandwrite, netstat, ping, ping6, poweroff, ps,
pwd, reboot, rm, rmmod, route, sed, sh, sleep, sync, tail, tar,
telnetd, test, top, touch, true, umount, unlzma, unxz, xz, xzcat, zcat

Nothing here to allow file transfer off the device.

Reaction score
dmesg shows "CIFS: Mount option noac not supported. Instead set /proc/fs/cifs/LookupCacheEnabled to 0"

the file is r/o, even for root. I change the permissions to r/w, then cat >/proc/fs/cifs/LookupCacheEnabled and changed the file to 0. No joy

This is the output of dmesg:

[13757.803745] CIFS: Mount option noac not supported. Instead set /proc/fs/cifs/LookupCacheEnabled to 0
[13763.608675] Status code returned 0xc000006d NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
[13763.609049] CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13
[13763.656561] Status code returned 0xc000006d NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
[13763.656663] CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -13

Just to make sure, this is firmware 5.2.0

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there

Would you mind making a new thread to discuss? I created this one about my solution to permanently change the region of Hikvision devices, and it's getting a little derailed :)

Thanks!

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please PM me - it's my preference to discuss things privately and confidentially.

Thanks.

philkee

n3wb
Reaction score
For anyone interested, I recently bought a DS-2CD3310D-I camera via Aliexpress. This camera is a Chinese market version of DS-2CD2310D camera and as such, comes with Chinese only language. I persevered with this for a while using Google Chrome Translate but finally gave up and paid for the CBX fix.

Turns out he can fix this camera but needed to remotely log into camera via SSH. Once modem was set up with appropriate port forwards, he was able to log in and and do his magic and hey presto, my camera is now fully in English. Happy customer.

For anyone buying Chinese market camera's, I can fully recommend CBX and his services if you want your menus out of Chinese language.

Regards

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just had a CBX experience

I recently purchased a DS-2CD6412FWD which was on V5.1.0, and although the menus were English the language flag was 2 and it displayed the day of the week in Chinese.

Yep,I know I could of just turned the day display off, but as all the rest of my cameras are fully English it was annoying me, and also updating it in the future would of not been good :rolleyes:

Despite my best attempts the DS-2CD6412FWD is a strange beast and not like my other cameras, so sent a PM to CBX and after a few question and answer emails, forwarded a few ports and gave him the camera admin password and ip details, and in almost no time at all the job was done.

Bottom line.. Highly recommended service :cool:

Reactions: CBX

riri7707

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So just upgraded my 2 devices with CBX solution to the last 5.2.5 Multilanguage firmware.
Nothing to say, it works and I have my FW now in French.

Just to mention : very easy method, no needs to enter in programming, tftp or ssh.
Just need to execute the file and upload the new FW.

Too easy, and just takes less than 5 minutes.
My sound with 2CD2432F-IW is now OK.

Thanks CBX

commbdown

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Just thought I'd add - I purchased two 'English' Hikvision DS-2CD2132 cameras from ebay - the Synology NAS just wouldn't communicate with them.

Having purchased and ran the patched firmware supplied by CBX (less than a few hours turn around) both are working fine!

Thank you!

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do I Flash camera with the "Chinese to English" File?

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the firmware level of the camera now? If it's 5.2.3 or older I can do the "region code" change for you remotely if you give me telnet access to the camera.

phillip da

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do I just go into the cameras web page interface Advanced Configuration/system/maintenance/remote upgrade and select the firmware in there? Or do I have to use TFTP?

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you say 5.2.0, did the box say that when you got it as some are coming from China as 5.2 but originally had 5.2.5 firmware. What I can do with 5.2.5 firmware is provide a hack that will make the camera English as long as you don't update firmware. With 5.2.0 is easier, I can either do the region code hack for you for free or provide you with firmware that will make your camera English (as long as you don't update it).

As to how, no, I can't do this from the web interface. You would have to turn telnet on, port forward that on your router and I can go in and do the region code change that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.